Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Hey everybody, the Mickey Mouse short Get A Horse! will be debuting in 10 days for it's US Debut according to the Walt Disney Animation Studios Facebook page, anyways, here's the photo they revealed.

Which movie will this be debuting in front of?

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
It's still possible that a teaser for Muppets Most Wanted will premiere there. (Although I doubt it)

It would be smart for Disney, since all Muppet fans would pay the price of admission just to see the trailer on the big screen. :laugh:

AquaGGR

Reaction score
What's the appeal of Planes? It seems to be just the original plot from Cars, but with airplanes. Probably because of merchandising, 'cause Cars has lots of toys (but there's always a pile of cheap Cars toys in the Disney Store that nobody buys).

The trailers for Planes were boring. Or that's just the result of seeing it on every Disney DVD that I got.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
The trailers for Planes were boring. Or that's just the result of seeing it on every Disney DVD that I got.

People were booing the trailer at my screening of Monsters University! I have never seen a trailer booed before! People were getting really agitated.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Speaking of the D23 Expo, anyone going to it on here??, I was actually going to go this year but couldn't due to money issue.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Probably because of merchandising= Very yes.

Somehow, Cars merchandise does sell. They just overestimated the second film and overproduced all the merchandise. Everywhere I go, I see it either on clearance or on sale, only for it to be repegged.

Planes has less appeal. I mean, kids love playing with die cast cars, so Cars had that instant fanbase... planes would be a niche market for kids. If they did a trains movie instead (despite the fact that Thomas and Chuggington kinda have that all sewed up), it would probably be a bigger draw.

I just want it to flop so we don't have to suffer through Funiculars and Vespas. And having Disney become the "upstart vehicle learns it's place" factory.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Disney needs to come up with more original ideas, or at least a fairy tale retelling that doesn't change it up to be "modern". I would really like them to make 2D animated films like they used to, but that era is probably gone for good because of the CGI takeover.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Disney needs to come up with more original ideas, or at least a fairy tale retelling that doesn't change it up to be "modern". I would really like them to make 2D animated films like they used to, but that era is probably gone for good because of the CGI takeover.
Disney never outright said that they'll no longer be making 2D animated films. They just don't have any planned right now.