Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't buy that he can't hold down a movie by himself. He sure can hold down a good movie by himself. Besides, he held his own comic book by himself for quite some time.
To clarify though I didn't mean Wolverine the character in general, but more Wolverine as he has been portrayed in the X-Men films.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
It's official. Disney officially halted the Phineas and Ferb film that's been pushed off for a while...
Probably since they want to put more of their focus on the upcoming PnF Star Wars Crossover, which should coincide with the SW Episode 7.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's official. Disney officially halted the Phineas and Ferb film that's been pushed off for a while...
As much as I would love to have seen a Phineas and Ferb movie, I honestly didn't like the concepts they were floating around, even though they were from the original creators (Jim Carrey as Dr. Doof? NO! It has to be Jon Stewart. he did a brilliant imitation once and he kinda does look a little like him).

I'm very intrigued by this Star Wars crossover. I hope it doesn't turn into a Phineas and Ferb version of the Family Guy Star Wars episodes.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Wait. They were planning to have Jim Carrey as Doof? I have no idea what these characters would look like in real life. Thinking about it, I'm kinda glad it's not happening.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
As much as I would love to have seen a Phineas and Ferb movie, I honestly didn't like the concepts they were floating around, even though they were from the original creators (Jim Carrey as Dr. Doof? NO! It has to be Jon Stewart. he did a brilliant imitation once and he kinda does look a little like him).

I'm very intrigued by this Star Wars crossover. I hope it doesn't turn into a Phineas and Ferb version of the Family Guy Star Wars episodes.
Wait… so this would be a live action movie? That's a major turning point for me… :skeptical:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wait. They were planning to have Jim Carrey as Doof? I have no idea what these characters would look like in real life. Thinking about it, I'm kinda glad it's not happening.
That was one of the concepts. They kept going back and forth between concepts. I think the last concept was Phineas and Ferb being Roger Rabbit-ed on to am live action movie...

Sounds like they didn't so much as hault production of a Phineas and Ferb movie so much as they couldn't get it out do to Wembelling about what they wanted to do with it.

robodog

Reaction score
I'm trying to picture Jim Carrey as Doof. My brain seems to be resisting the image.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Worst part is, that wasn't a studio mandate... that's what the actual creators wanted. They saw a character they created... nay... created and one of them even does the voice for, and they picked an actor that really couldn't pull it off.

Love or hate or inbetween Jim Carrey, he just doesn't have the comedic style to pull Doof off. He's far too hyper, and incapable of going on long weird rambles and large hammy bouts of anger. I'd say Steve Carrell would be an excellent Doof, but he already has a sympathetic villain with a pointy nose and mother issues.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
How would they make the movie in live action? What would Phineas' nose look like?!

Drtooth

Reaction score
How is the question and the answer. It's pretty obvious that the contemplation stage went on too far to even come up with preliminary plot points and concepts.

In short, they were far too busy with the actual show to work on a feature film. That's why it's been forever for a Second Simpsons movie that's probably not going to happen, or a Family Guy feature film for that matter.