1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Weezer and the muppets...

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by kustomboy, Jun 20, 2002.

1. kustomboy New Member

everyone head to www.weezer.com and go to Karl's Corner! There is a picture from the new Weezer video for Keep Fishin' which shows the muppets with the band. I'm guessing they are staring in it!!!!!!!!
  2. beaker Well-Known Member

oh my!!!

Thanks for the scoop man! Ok, this is so cool!
    For those of ya who wanna save the picture its here:

http://www.weezer.com/karlscorner/8/20020619vid01.jpg

Too cool! I see Piggy, fozzie, pepe, a penguin, and ROWLF!!!

I like geeky indie rock, so this is perfect they are in a video.
    Do you folks know how much more Muppet fans we'll pick up cuz of this?

All I can say is the Muppets are definately on their way back to the public eye!

BTW, how cool is it seeing a brand new pic of ol brown ears?
  3. radionate New Member

Weezer recorded their new album in the Henson owned Charlie Chaplin studios (I think thats right, if not someone will correct me) It may just be a publicty shoot photo. I don't know if the Muppets would be in a Weezer video. On the other hand, everyone remember the "Buddy Holly" video with clips from Happy Days. So perhapes they will be in the video (I'm sure they wouldn't have been in the video for hash pipe though)
  4. kustomboy New Member

i think i see beaker too!
  5. radionate New Member

More importantly, there's a PENGUIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. UncleDeadly Member

Acording to someone on a muppet fan group on livejournal, the muppets are indeed in the video. He cannot say how he knew this (thus I can not verify the validity of the claim other than the photo), but he said they were making a video that would be "like an episode of the Muppet Show".

I'm believing this because of the news post directly before the one with the photo of the muppets on the weezer sight. It mentions "guests" who had them all laughing, and that the second day of the shoot was going to be the plot scenes of the video which would have more of these "characters". That does seem rather muppet like.

Again, acording to the guy who cant back up his claims, this video should be coming out around the 1st of July.
  7. beaker Well-Known Member

>>>Acording to someone on a muppet fan group on livejournal, the muppets are indeed in the video. He cannot say how he knew this (thus I can not verify the validity of the claim other than the photo), but he said they were making a video that would be "like an episode of the Muppet Show". <<<

People still do Livejournal? That was so 2001;)
    Its still weird to hear of Muppet clubs/groups outside of MC.
    Oddly enuff, the Weezer site makes no mention of our furry friends, but because of the photo I suspect they are the stars of the video...in which case this is HUGE great news!
    Time for your pocket protector and Atari shirt!
  8. radionate New Member

Don't you think Henson.com would have made an announcement? Oh wait.....I forget....it's Henson.com.
  9. JohnFranklin New Member

cast

weezer

kermit
    gonzo
    piggy
    fozzie
    honeydew
    beaker
    rolf
    penguins
    pepe
    chef
    bunny (random bunny)
    chickens
    and
    animal who plays with the band while the real drummer is being held a hostage of love.

-JF
  10. UncleDeadly Member

There is actually a lot of stuff on it at www.weezer.com (which I assume is there main site). Lots of photos and a quote from Piggy and Kermit.

And yes, people still livejournal.
  11. Zack the Dog Active Member

oh okay, this make more sence now...a little.
    so would this video play on like MTV? I mean do I have to really start watching this channle now?

ROWLF!!! he's got to be making a come back! i mean he is! first muppetfest, then nascar,nt to mention the fig and bust of him, now this wizer..woozer... wipwamp weezer thing! hope he's got a great part in the muppet christmas tv movie!

Zack)Rowlf the, who hoped Rowlf would come back after Muppet Race Mania,Dog.
  12. BlueFrackle Active Member

Guys,

This should be really cool !

Has anyone seen this picture !?

It looks so cool to see ALL OF THOSE Classics together again !

And then they will all be together in the Muppets Capital Take Over on Sunday here on UK Radio !
  13. BlueFrackle Active Member

GUYS!

Can someone tell me WHY this looks like a Muppet Theatre DRESSING ROOM !?

Couls it be a set for the new show ?!

I HOPE SO ! The Pig looks good too !

Take a look !
  14. gorry New Member

i swear on the wall!it's dr.teeth's sash!the pruple thing with yellow circles!OMG!
  15. fluffmuppet Member

Ahhh yes! Wonderfully weird GONZO right in the front!!!! I am definately saving THESE pictures!!!

They're wearing weezer shirts! How adorable!!!!!! Are they gonna make a music video or what?!

*jumps up and down before plummeting off a cliff* Yeeeeehaw!!!

*cough*

~fluff~
  16. dead puppeteer New Member

Re: GUYS!

The pig is being dumped on, you nard. Notice how the guy is tied up and is, like, grimacing?

Oh, and that supposed kiss in the Christmas special? Ain't gonna happen. What's left of the Henson gang is up to their old sad tricks. :rolleyes:
  17. EmmyMik New Member

Ok, I know this is going to sound stupid (I don't listen to music much), but who the heck is Weezer?
  18. JohnFranklin New Member

Re: GUYS!

It is a recreation of the muppet show set built just for the video. the backstage was built along with piggy's dressing room. the backstage looks very similar to the old set, but it's not 100% the way it was in the old show.

-JF
  19. scarecroe Active Member

Re: Re: GUYS!

Sounds like someone needs to live up to their name.
  20. scarecroe Active Member

They look like Wonder Woman shirts to me.