Weezer and the muppets...

kustomboy

Reaction score
everyone head to www.weezer.com and go to Karl's Corner! There is a picture from the new Weezer video for Keep Fishin' which shows the muppets with the band. I'm guessing they are staring in it!!!!!!!!

beaker

Reaction score
oh my!!!

Thanks for the scoop man! Ok, this is so cool!
For those of ya who wanna save the picture its here:

http://www.weezer.com/karlscorner/8/20020619vid01.jpg

Too cool! I see Piggy, fozzie, pepe, a penguin, and ROWLF!!!

I like geeky indie rock, so this is perfect they are in a video.
Do you folks know how much more Muppet fans we'll pick up cuz of this?

All I can say is the Muppets are definately on their way back to the public eye!

BTW, how cool is it seeing a brand new pic of ol brown ears?

radionate

Reaction score
Weezer recorded their new album in the Henson owned Charlie Chaplin studios (I think thats right, if not someone will correct me) It may just be a publicty shoot photo. I don't know if the Muppets would be in a Weezer video. On the other hand, everyone remember the "Buddy Holly" video with clips from Happy Days. So perhapes they will be in the video (I'm sure they wouldn't have been in the video for hash pipe though)

radionate

Reaction score
More importantly, there's a PENGUIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UncleDeadly

Reaction score
Acording to someone on a muppet fan group on livejournal, the muppets are indeed in the video. He cannot say how he knew this (thus I can not verify the validity of the claim other than the photo), but he said they were making a video that would be "like an episode of the Muppet Show".

I'm believing this because of the news post directly before the one with the photo of the muppets on the weezer sight. It mentions "guests" who had them all laughing, and that the second day of the shoot was going to be the plot scenes of the video which would have more of these "characters". That does seem rather muppet like.

Again, acording to the guy who cant back up his claims, this video should be coming out around the 1st of July.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Acording to someone on a muppet fan group on livejournal, the muppets are indeed in the video. He cannot say how he knew this (thus I can not verify the validity of the claim other than the photo), but he said they were making a video that would be "like an episode of the Muppet Show". <<<

People still do Livejournal? That was so 2001:wink:
Its still weird to hear of Muppet clubs/groups outside of MC.
Oddly enuff, the Weezer site makes no mention of our furry friends, but because of the photo I suspect they are the stars of the video...in which case this is HUGE great news!
Time for your pocket protector and Atari shirt!

radionate

Reaction score
Don't you think Henson.com would have made an announcement? Oh wait.....I forget....it's Henson.com.

JohnFranklin

Reaction score
cast

weezer

kermit
gonzo
piggy
fozzie
honeydew
beaker
rolf
penguins
pepe
chef
bunny (random bunny)
chickens
and
animal who plays with the band while the real drummer is being held a hostage of love.

-JF

UncleDeadly

Reaction score
There is actually a lot of stuff on it at www.weezer.com (which I assume is there main site). Lots of photos and a quote from Piggy and Kermit.

And yes, people still livejournal.