Weezer Fearurette & Rowlf

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Okay, spoilers here for those who haven't seen Weezer's Making the Video on MTV2.

What does everybody think of Bill's Rowlf? I can see why they have shyed away from using him too much, but he did a good job. I'd say he is 70% Rowlf 25% Bobo and 5% Pepe. His 2 minute bit was the funniest part of the show.

The rest of the show
I thought the band seemed to be playing the part of the "straight man" on purpose and were having some fun with Pepe. Does anyone else think Rivers looks creepy with that beard? :eek:

I wish we had seen some puppeteers, but they did a great job in maintaining the Muppet illusion. Fozzie's adlib just proved to me how incredible Rudman is at performing the beloved bear. And Piggy was great too - except one minor fault. She has a slight difference in accent. Se seems a little Southern now.

And River's fave is Gonzo! Well, that just solidifies his Muppet fandom to me. Perfect choice.

The Gobeek

Reaction score
Rivers totally looks creepy with the beard! As for Rowlf, I think that part of the "making of" was really great. The voice was a little off though. I think I can deal with it. It was good to just see Rowlf. I found it really strange that all of the members of the Electric Mayhem were not present.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Jamie,

I was telling Joggy that i had noticed a certain accent in Piggy's voice, BUT i only noticed it in the video (When she speaks French, Or pronounces a long word) and on the UK Capital Radio TakeOver.

I think that the man is a genious. Ive seen the 'Making Of', Something from English TV and something from Dutch TV with him and i think that it is fine.

As for Rowlf, it obviously isnt the same in alot of ways,(Personallity, Laugh etc) But i dont mind, Atleast Rowlf is back!

But i do think that Fozzie is a bit off !

See ya

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I am surprised that so many people are so accepting of the new Rowlf and very happy about it too.

You think Fozzie sounds off? I think he sounded quite good in everything I heard from the video and the special. Even closer than Piggy - who gets a 92% in y book. Maybe I just need to see more. You obviously got more exposure to him from the radio gig and that wasn't the best place to begin the change-over because the performance only relies on his sound. A pretty tall order. I guess we'll have to see, but I'm so glad to see these characters back! Bring on more Scooter and some Janice too! And what happened to Jerry in the last few projects?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Jamie,

Thats what i tought about the Radio thing, So i didnt want to really think about it as a performance.

Im also worried about Jerry not being in stuff !
We cant lose him !

see ya

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I know - what happened to Jerry? We should start a thread!