Weezer/Muppet video to debut on MTV on July 14

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Weezer have teamed up with Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Gonzo the Great, Pepe the King Prawn and the rest of the Muppets in their video for "Keep Fishin'," the band's second single from Maladroit.

In the clip, Weezer are guests on "The Muppet Show," and, Muppets being Muppets, hilarity ensues. The "Keep Fishin' " video features a Muppet chorus singing backup, running commentary from Statler and Waldorf, a trip to Beaker and Bunsen's lab, and some "quality time" spent backstage with Miss Piggy, according to a spokesperson for the Jim Henson Company.

"Keep Fishin' " was directed by veteran Weezer auteur Marcos Siega, the man behind the "Dope Nose," "Hash Pipe" and "Island in the Sun (Version 1)" videos. Weezer, Siega and the Henson Company staff shot the clip June 18-19 at a Manhattan Beach, California, soundstage.

For Weezer, working with Henson Studios was a chance to live out a childhood fantasy. "Being a guest on 'The Muppet Show' was a childhood dream we all shared, so we were ecstatic when the Muppets agreed to be in our video for 'Keep Fishin',' " Weezer said in an official statement. "The Muppets can really rock!"

The Muppets themselves praised the band. "Weezer fit right in," Kermit the Frog said in a statement. "They're rock stars, they're used to being around animals, bears and egotistical pigs." Weezer now join the ranks of such musicians as Elton John, Alice Cooper, Debbie Harry and John Denver, who've all been guests on "The Muppet Show."

To celebrate All Access Week, the video will premiere on MTV2 as part of a half-hour special that goes behind the scenes of the "Keep Fishin' " shoot. That special premieres July 14.

http://www.vh1.com/news/stories/1455404.jhtml

fluffmuppet

Reaction score
Ohhhhh....That some hecka good news!!! I can't wait to see the video!!!!!!!!

Yoooooooohooohoooooooooo!!!

*sniff* I wish I was a guest on TMS...:frown:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Sweet! My two favorite types of entertainment--Muppets and Rock--on my favorite channel, MTV2! With this and the STARZ! news, maybe this WILL be a good year for the Muppets!

beaker

Reaction score
I smell a tape trade coming up! Please post on here if youre going to be taping this. I havent done a vhs trade in so long, but would absolutely love to have this!^_^
And Beaker and Pepe are in it, wow!

radionate

Reaction score
You don't think anything Muppet related might go on tour with Weezer do you (that is if this song is a hit)? They might show flashes of muppets on the screen (a la Cher's farewell tour), or even have a Sweetums type character come out on stage (like some of the Bare Naked Ladies Shows - they have a guy dressed like a chef come out).

radionate

Reaction score
I wonder why they didn't have more of the EM play with them besides Animal. Will we ever hear from Dr. Teeth again?