1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Weezer/Muppet video to debut on MTV on July 14

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Weezer have teamed up with Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Gonzo the Great, Pepe the King Prawn and the rest of the Muppets in their video for "Keep Fishin'," the band's second single from Maladroit.

In the clip, Weezer are guests on "The Muppet Show," and, Muppets being Muppets, hilarity ensues. The "Keep Fishin' " video features a Muppet chorus singing backup, running commentary from Statler and Waldorf, a trip to Beaker and Bunsen's lab, and some "quality time" spent backstage with Miss Piggy, according to a spokesperson for the Jim Henson Company.

"Keep Fishin' " was directed by veteran Weezer auteur Marcos Siega, the man behind the "Dope Nose," "Hash Pipe" and "Island in the Sun (Version 1)" videos. Weezer, Siega and the Henson Company staff shot the clip June 18-19 at a Manhattan Beach, California, soundstage.

For Weezer, working with Henson Studios was a chance to live out a childhood fantasy. "Being a guest on 'The Muppet Show' was a childhood dream we all shared, so we were ecstatic when the Muppets agreed to be in our video for 'Keep Fishin',' " Weezer said in an official statement. "The Muppets can really rock!"

The Muppets themselves praised the band. "Weezer fit right in," Kermit the Frog said in a statement. "They're rock stars, they're used to being around animals, bears and egotistical pigs." Weezer now join the ranks of such musicians as Elton John, Alice Cooper, Debbie Harry and John Denver, who've all been guests on "The Muppet Show."

To celebrate All Access Week, the video will premiere on MTV2 as part of a half-hour special that goes behind the scenes of the "Keep Fishin' " shoot. That special premieres July 14.

http://www.vh1.com/news/stories/1455404.jhtml
  2. fluffmuppet

fluffmuppet Member

Ohhhhh....That some hecka good news!!! I can't wait to see the video!!!!!!!!

Yoooooooohooohoooooooooo!!!

*sniff* I wish I was a guest on TMS...:(
  3. I was a guest on TMS---and it was awesome!! :D
  4. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

5. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Sweet! My two favorite types of entertainment--Muppets and Rock--on my favorite channel, MTV2! With this and the STARZ! news, maybe this WILL be a good year for the Muppets!
  6. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I smell a tape trade coming up! Please post on here if youre going to be taping this. I havent done a vhs trade in so long, but would absolutely love to have this!^_^
    And Beaker and Pepe are in it, wow!
  7. radionate

radionate New Member

You don't think anything Muppet related might go on tour with Weezer do you (that is if this song is a hit)? They might show flashes of muppets on the screen (a la Cher's farewell tour), or even have a Sweetums type character come out on stage (like some of the Bare Naked Ladies Shows - they have a guy dressed like a chef come out).
  8. It would be too cool if they had the EM members play with 'em! :D
  9. radionate

radionate New Member

I wonder why they didn't have more of the EM play with them besides Animal. Will we ever hear from Dr. Teeth again?
  10. Oh, so no chance of Janice bein' on MTV2? :(

*sigh*

So much for that dream...
  11. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Argh! I don't have MTV2! I may get satilite soon though.
  12. radionate

radionate New Member

Is there anyone on MC that can convert the video to a form that can be watched on the internet? I don't have MTV2 either (of course I don't even have cable, but if I did, we don't have it in town anyway).
  13. Foreignman

Foreignman New Member

Well, I have MTV2 (YAY for me), does anyone know how I could convert VHS tapes to a CD for the internet, so I can make it available for all my Muppet buds over here on the boards? I also have a DVD player, so if anyone knows how I can record directly to DVD, that could work too...
  14. radionate

radionate New Member

Foreignman,

Love your new K.F. avatar!!!!!
  15. Foreignman

Foreignman New Member

Thanks so much, I think this is much more representative of me then any Icon I've had before, (first the Foz one, and very shortly the Gonzo tin foil one) I mean, I made this one!
  16. radionate

radionate New Member

And proud of it you should be!
  17. Proud Heart Cat would be very proud of this conversation right now...
  18. radionate

radionate New Member

Wasn't it "Proud Heart Lion?" It is one of the Care Bear Cousins you are referring to isn't it?
  19. No no, it is indeed Proud Heart Cat. The Lion is Brave Heart Lion. And my favorite is Loyal Heart Dog, whom I have never gotten to meet yet! ARRRGH!! :mad:
  20. Treelo

Treelo Member

The debut date in the title of this thread is incorrect. The video has already started playing on MTV - in fact, it was just on a few minutes ago during MTV After Hours.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up....