Weezer video voices

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I watched the Weezer video recently and couldn't place a few voices- Fozzie and Statler, possibly Miss Piggy.

Fozzie was definitely someone else- John Kennedy?

Piggy might have been someone else- Eric Jacobson?

Statler didn't sound like Jerry Nelson; he sounded more like Richard Hunt actually. Anyone know who it was, and if this is a permanent arrangement?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Well, it couldn't have been Richard Hunt voicing Statler, because he's not with us anymore, but I know what you're saying. I saw Waldorf and Statler in a "Denny's" commercial and it didn't sound like Dave Goelz and Jerry Nelson doing their voices. I'll have to listen for that again next time I see the commercial. Though, I'm not very familiar with all these new performers. About Frank Oz, I don't think he's completely retired. I think he just has people fill in for him when he's busy. Where it says his name at the Internet Movie Database on "A Very Muppet Christmas." I don't think that's a mistake. I think he will be back. Just my opinion, because if he would have left, we might have heard something oficial about it, like maybe a news article or something. I think it is Eric Jacobson performing Miss Piggy when it isn't Frank Oz. About Fozzie, I really haven't seen him in anything recent lately so I can't help you there. Sorry for such a long post. I just wanted to talk about my views on the new Muppeteers and everything.

Luke

Reaction score
Fozzie and Piggy are both performed by Eric Jacobson nowdays. He is the new permanently assigned performer for those characters.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Dave,q

It was Eric Performing Piggy, And i think he was also doing Fozzie, But i dont like his voice.

Statler i think could be Steve ?

See ya

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Response

Just got this email today:

Dear David,

I don't have a "who performed who" credit list, but here are the puppeteers and handlers that were involved in the Weezer shoot:

Steve Whitmire, Eric Jacobsen, Bill Barretta, Drew Massey, Bruce Lanoil, Dave Goelz, Alice Dinnean, Jane Gootnick and Marian Keating.

Hope that helps!

Sincerely,
Karen Falk
Archives
The Jim Henson Company

So it's not Dave Goelz, narrowed down to five guys then.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Salmoto

Reaction score
Well if this post isn't too old to clarify in, it WAS Jerry Nelson playing Statler in the Denny's commercial, he probably was having an off day, though. It definately wasn't him in the weezer video.

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I do agree S and W didnt sound quite right in the Denneys commercial it scared me.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Any long time Muppet fan knows that the Denny's commercial is the Fantastic Jerry Nelson and Dave Goelz.

See ya

Beauregard

Reaction score
Why can other people perform Pig and Foz but not Scooter and Janice, Dr Teeth and Rawlf?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I think the company wanted to retire Rowlf the Dog as a tribute to Jim Henson. (considering that was his signature character) He's still seen occasionally, but he doesn't say anything. I agree with you on Scooter, Janice and Dr. Teeth though. They should get some new performers for them.