1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Weezer's Muppet Show video now on-line

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by Phillip, Jul 8, 2002.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Check it out, Weezer's Muppet Show video is now on the Web.

http://www.weezer.com/audiovideo/index.html#keep

MTV2 will be airing a special 30 minute making-of special on the "Keep Fishin" video on Sunday.

Let us know what you think of Weezer's debut at the Muppet Show theater.
  2. Ryan

Ryan New Member

WOW!

That was so cool!
    The replica of the set is terrific! I can't believe how real the video feels ! I also really like the song! Which is no surprise, because I also like "Island in The Sun" . It really is like a mini-feature episode of TMS! I love it! Eric did a great job with Fozzie and Piggy! Statler's new performer is good too. Love the bunny! Also, love Beaker's exploding head!

Thanks Phil! ;) :p :) :D :cool: :p
  3. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Wow, thanks for the tip Phil!

Everything looked fantastic, and the song was pretty cool too (that was the first time I've ever heard one of Weezer's songs).

I can't wait until Sunday to see that behind the scenes thing...
  4. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

I have mixed fealings about this. I love the video, but really hate Realplayer.
  5. CookieMonster

CookieMonster New Member

I LOVE IT!!!

I love Weezer and the Muppets and for them to be together like that is a dream come true. I love the video and i want everyone to go to mtv.com and request it.:D :D :D
  6. simpson84

simpson84 New Member

That was really cool, I've been looking forward to seeing this video and it didn't disappoint. I didn't really like the fact that you could actually hear piggy screaming during the song but everything else was pulled off very well.
  7. sidcrowe

sidcrowe New Member

AWESOME!

Classic crew back in the spotlight, baby--YEAH!

MORE!:) :D :D :)

But, why all streaming media? I wanna save a copy for myself:(

Still, it's GREAT!:D
  8. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It seems kind of rushed, but I like it okay. Not entirely pleased with the direction though. And the backstage seemed over-lit.

I still love it!!
  9. Rowlfdude

Rowlfdude New Member

I think the video rocks! It'll be interesting to see if the video is popular among the average MTV viewer or if it will make it onto Total Request Live. I am not really a fan of the show because they don't even show a whole video, just a few seconds of one (and I'm not to fond of Carson Daily). Maybe we should vote for it to see if it can even make it onto the countdown.
    Here's the link
    http://www.mtv.com/onair/trl/votevideo.jhtml

~~~Eric~~~
    :cool:
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I voted. I just wish the video had had more action and quicker cutting. It just seemed a little stark and empty, but as I said - I still loved it! Another concern was the absence of Scooter and the Electric Mayhem. They really would have fit nicely into the background at least but it seems that their was some sort of time limit with this production.
  11. GuySmiley

GuySmiley New Member

I really enjoyed this video - although the stream did get a bit 'juddery' at times! I agree with the earlier comments that it really did recreate the feeling of the muppet show and the more I see and hear Jacobson's Miss Piggy - the more impressed I get with it!

You know, I wouldn't be too upset if Frank Oz didn't loop any more dialogue for his characters - watching MFS the other day, the voices for his characters seemed more like they were being done by someone impersonating the characters - they sounded so different.

It sounds weird, but his replacements sound more like him than he does!

Guy!
  12. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

The Best Music Vido Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :D ;) :p :cool: :rolleyes:
  13. Luke

Luke Active Member

I agree with Jamie. I like it a lot, but i think it looks so rushed. Technically the bits where Kermit, Pepe & someone else (forgot) are singing along with the band are far superior to the cut scenes that are supposed to be like the Muppet Show. Seemed to me those bits were rushed through so they could get onto making the actual music bits.

The only problem here with MTV etc is that the video is four and a half minutes long, and in most cases on TV will have at least a minute cut from it. I think we already know what that minutes gonna be ... the intro. Probably on TV the first thing you'll see on anything but the most dedicated music shows is just Kermit coming onto the stage and introducing Weezer.

I did like it overall though - it fits in well with these kinda cult tv music videos right now, and its a rockin tune. They had a penguin sitting there on the stage and didn't blow it up .... what a missed opportunity ! :mad:
  14. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I loved it! But what I want to see next is a Weird Al Yankovic Video with the Muppets in it!
  15. sidcrowe

sidcrowe New Member

Yeah, I wanted to be all happy about this, but sometimes you can see too far down Kermit's torso, and there shoulda been more characters hanging around backstage. The Muppet Show and Hill Street Blues (and now NYPD Blue) are famous for that.

Bunsen looks a little different somehow, too...anyone notice anything? Is it just me?
  16. radionate

radionate New Member

I voted too guys. how cool would it be to get this video to number one!
  17. Muppets1985

Muppets1985 Member

Yeah Statler did sound a little different. I take it Jerry's not doing him no more or what?

I love the video, its just that i don't care for MTV (b/c u know the whole WB, Paramont, Nike etc thing with me! lol) but i voted anyways ONLY b/c its the Muppets. later.....
  18. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Yeah, there were many missed opportunities and the director obviously hasn't worked with puppets before - they appeared to be sinking into frame or exposing the sock. The intro was a bit long too - maybe they should have carpeted music behind it?

And Scooter should bave at least been in the background when Weezer went down the stairs. Maybe the Electric Mayhem could have tried to have a battle of the bands too - or trying to sabotage Weezer. Funny!

It just seemed as antiseptic as the very organized backstage set! Since wihen has it been so clean and well lit with very few Muppets walking by?
  19. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Oh Thats Too Cool!

I have to say, thank you for the link to that new Muppets Weezer video!!! I chose 300k, which played perfectly in dvd quality. Does this just reaffirm your excitement for the Muppets or what!

3/5 of my all time fave Muppets are in it (Beaker, Pepe, and Swedish Chef) and heck we even have penguins! Now some were afraid because of the shortness of the song it wouldnt be long at all, but there is a really great intro to the song, and a nice outro with Statler and Waldorf. Man, Gonzo, Pepe, and Kermit on backup vocals and Animal on drums...too cool! And we get cameos by Fozzie, Rowlf, and Piggy!

Anyways, if ya have the bandwith capabilities, youve gotta check out this video! Who woulda thought they would have partially recreated TMS for a video? Oh man, the chemistry is as strong as ever! Lets hope this video gets VERY popular!
  20. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Entertaining video! I liked the idea; did seem a bit rushed, I agree, but overall pretty good. Who is doing Statler now? He sounds pretty decent!

- Billy :cool: