Weird Al's parents...

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I just read the saddest thing. Weird Al's parents died yesterday from carbon monoxide poisoning in their home!

Many of you know what a big fan I am of "Weird Al" Yankovic--my recent concert review just scratches the surface of how much I admire the man. I'm so saddened by this, and so many of his fans all over the web are as well. You could tell what a great relationship he had with his parents--they make guest appearances on his TV specials, videos, dvds, etc. They always seemed so proud of their son.

Since this is the only place online where I ever actually post anything, I just wanted to express my most heartfelt condolences for Al and his family. You have made so many people so happy through your music and your exuberant love of life. Your fans love you, and our hearts will always be with you.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Same here. My condolences to Al and the Yankovic family.

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
That is truly terrible. My heart and condolences go out to all of the Yankovic family.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Al Yankovic's parents

Hiya.Gosh,what a sad piece of news to wake up to.I've been an Al fan for 21 years & got to see him open for the Monkees in 1987.May Nick & Mary rest in peace.I got to see them,on Al's rockumentary,they were very sweet people.My deepest condolences to the Yankovic family.Your parents are in my prayers Al. :cry:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I just saw an article about this! How awful! This must be horrible for Al... :sympathy:
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I just read that he actually went ahead with his scheduled performance last night, so as not to disappoint the fans who already had tickets. Wow.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Oh man, I was listening to Poodle Hat when I saw the title to this thread. I allways liked how close he was to his folks. He has them introduce him at his concerts. I can only imagine how horrible it is to lose both at the same time.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
that's horrible....I also add my condolances to the whole family. Such a sad piece of news.

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
They seemed like genuinely nice people, everytime you saw them on TV or one of Al's documentaries, etc. There are a lot of interview clips with them on the Al episode of "Driven", and they seem so nice, and totally proud of their son.

So sad.

I've been a fan for over 20 years. I almost feel like I know him sometimes.

eric

Erine81981

Reaction score
Poor guy. I fell for u Al. That's hard to hear about stuff u think won't ever happen and then it happens. :cry: Yankovic family this is for ya'll to read. Wished we could send this to his....wait why don't someone send this to his website. Email him. He'll understand how we fell about this. We're sorry to hear this AL. :frown: Ur right about that Sarah its sad news. Poor guy.