Weird Diseases

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
FISH'N'WOLFE said:
I had Cat Scratch Fever, when I was 9
Yech. I think I had that once too. Makes sense, I guess, given the number of times I've been scratched by cats... :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Whatever said:
This is an odd thread, Gonzo would love it. So what's the oddest disease you ever heard of/had? Mine is hoof and mouth disease! I was in 2nd grade in 1992 and I came down with light red spots on my arms, hands, and in my mouth. They really hurt, and it wasn't chicken pox. My mom took me to the doctor, who was having trouble diagnosing it. So my mom (a former science teacher) said, "If she wasn't human, I would say she had Hoof and Mouth disease, but that's for cows." The doctor, being at his wits' end, looking it up. And I had it, only he called it Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease because I am human. I have no idea how I got it, I live nowhere near cows. My mom ended up catching it too. So I wondered if anyone else had experienced strange stuff like that!
Seriously? I got that too! When I was about 8 or 9 years old. And up until now I had never heard of anyone else getting it other than cows. And I had spots all over me, and my tongue was always dry and chalk white. And I remember I had had a cough that lasted for about 3 weeks before the spots appeared, and the doctor said that was like the beginning of it or something... I don't really remember too well, this was like 11 or 12 years ago. I remember I was really POed about getting it, cuz it was right at the beginning of summer. >_<

I'm a country bumpkin from Nowheresville Ontario, Canada, and we have cow fields everywhere, and at the time a lot of my friends lived on farms... so I can see how I got it, yet I don't understand how my friends who actually LIVED on the farms never did... where's the justice in that!?

^_^ Deb-mooooooooooooo!

tiggie0686

Reaction score
I'm boring, I never get sick. I know that's a good thing, but I haven't missed a day of school from being sick since 5th grade. But every once in awhile, I get "sick" and stay home.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I'm always sick...I have to take antibiotics all the time (every day to be precise....) and it takes out my immune system...even the flu shot makes me horribly sick (dreading this years). but I WON'T miss school...I've spent mornings throwing up, then getting mad at my parents because they would make me miss the first two hours of school.

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
I'm always sick...I have to take antibiotics all the time (every day to be precise....) and it takes out my immune system...even the flu shot makes me horribly sick (dreading this years). but I WON'T miss school...I've spent mornings throwing up, then getting mad at my parents because they would make me miss the first two hours of school.
Do you mind me asking why you're always sick? :embarrassed:

Fozzie

Reaction score
Well I've had phenumonia(spelling is wrong) 8 times before I was five. I also have Asthma, Exzyma, and a few others. Believe it or not I am allergic to wooden pencils.

tiggie0686

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
I throw up a lot in the mornings. My family is convinced I'm bulemic, which is complete crap. I've self-diagnosed myself with an anxiety problem. I get soo nervous some mornings about going to school that I puke, especially on days that I have a big presentation or project to do. It's really weird.

Beebers

Reaction score
Fozzie said:
Well I've had phenumonia(spelling is wrong) 8 times before I was five. I also have Asthma, Exzyma, and a few others. Believe it or not I am allergic to wooden pencils.
Eczema. :sympathy: :sympathy: :sympathy:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
FISH'N'WOLFE said:
Do you mind me asking why you're always sick? :embarrassed:
no, I don't mind (although it's rather odd) weeeell here I go....

My bladder does not have anything protecting it from any sort of infection, so other than always having to use the little girl's room, I get sick very easily. I take antibiotics to help it, but when I get colds and stuff, it's not good to add more antibiotics, and so I just get sick, and for some reason the flu shot gives me the flu! So now you probably know waaay too much about me, but that's ok...you asked......