Weird School Assignments

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I can't think of any weird ones; I can certainly think of ones I despise/would rather not do, as most kids my age are wont to do.

Your assignment isn't all that weird to me; it's a good way for you get perspective on the event and allow you to be creative with how to describe the kid's POV.

Wow. I'm smarter than I thought.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Senior High Physics- every year the class has an assignment to build a container that will hold an egg. You can make it out of any material you can think of. The goal is to put the egg inside, drop it from a third-story window, and not have the egg break. Egg survives the fall, you pass. Egg breaks, you fail, but you get an omelette out of the deal.
If your egg does survive, you get extra points for making your container as small and lightweight as possible. My little styrofoam job packed with jello might've been ugly, but it got the job done.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Senior High Physics- every year the class has an assignment to build a container that will hold an egg. You can make it out of any material you can think of. The goal is to put the egg inside, drop it from a third-story window, and not have the egg break. Egg survives the fall, you pass. Egg breaks, you fail, but you get an omelette out of the deal.
If your egg does survive, you get extra points for making your container as small and lightweight as possible. My little styrofoam job packed with jello might've been ugly, but it got the job done.
I did that in middle school O_0

My weirdest assignment was my literature exam. We had to go to a bookstore, pick up some books, and review them without reading them. We had two hours to do four books. It was harder than you would think.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If we're going on past assignments, there was a time in Grade 10 Biology class where we made babies.

Okay, I don't mean we actually made babies, but rather, we were studying genetics and such, and our assignment was we were split up into partners, and we were given little genetic traits written on slips of paper that we had to pull out of a ziploc bag or something, and based on these, we had to figure out what kind of baby we would have: being the artistic one, I was the one who designed the baby, while my partner was the one who pulled the traits out of the bag... needless to say, our baby was turning out to be a pretty ugly and hedious baby... she was a girl, who was short, had naturally curly hair, but she also was really athletic and had big muscles (at least she was really intelligent though), so finally, my partner looked up at me and said, "You've been cheating on me, haven't you?!" So I said to him, "I'm sorry, it was just one of those things, it didn't really mean anything!"

Oh yeah, and he named our baby Fhqwhgads.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Eh...I think all schools do that. I've done it a few times actually. Once with human traits, most of the time is was aliens

charlietheowl

Reaction score
When I was a senior in high school my AP Environmental Science teacher had us do an experiment about strip mining where we tried to get chocolate chips out of chocolate chip cookies with unraveled paper clips. It was hard.

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
Let me tell you...When I was in Middle School, in 7th grade english, we had to come up with a "persuasive" Television commercial and perform it in front of the class.
I did a TV spot for a non-exsitent movie (A spoof of King Kong called "King Kongo") I did fine, but the idea itself was weird but brilliant.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
None of these seem weird to me...maybe its because I'm an education major *shrugs*