1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Weird Sesame Figures

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by Kaiser Gonzo, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Kaiser Gonzo

Kaiser Gonzo New Member

Hi guys, i recently bought 7 sesame street PVC figures on ebay.uk, when they arrived i was slightly puzzeled, they are probably from the early on years of sesame street, the figures are bert, betty-lou, franklin, herry monster, grover, and oddly enough Rowlf and a watnot in a trilby and trench coat. and the rowlf dosen't even look out of place, can any one help
    some pics on there way, they are downloading is i type:grouchy: :sing:
  2. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hi... The guy in the trenchcoat is probably Lefty the Salesman. The reason Rowlf probably doesn't look out of place is cause...
    He was actually on SS in the early years. There's a special, maybe the 30th Anniversary, where Rowlf and Kermit are discussing what to call the show probably the SS pitch.
    And he was also in the Song of the Number 9 Falling Baker segment, counting up nine lights.

Hope this helps.
  3. Kaiser Gonzo

Kaiser Gonzo New Member

4. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

that's not Rowlf the Dog it's The Full Body Bear Muppet from The One I believe to be Russian Sesame Street I'll see If I can't find a pic but I don't know his name sorry...
  5. The Count

Well... Since I've never seen them...
    If it's the big full-bodied Muppet from SS Russia, that'd be Zeleboba.
    If it's a full-bodied bear SS Muppet, it could be Samson or his cousin Simpson from SS Germany.
    Hope this helps.
  6. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

yeah, that doesnt look like rowlf to me
  7. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

he has shoes on if it helps count
  8. The Count

Thanks VM... But I'm afraid it doesn't due to my blind batty eyes.
  9. Pino

Pino Member

Indeed its samson.. They where all made by Heimo.. a German factory that produced the first european pvc's In the collection where (on the picture) :
    Lefty, GRover, Betty Lou, Herry, Roosefelt Franklin, Bert, Samson from germany). Also they have: Ernie, Cookie, Big Bird, Professor Hastings, Oscar, Samson with pie and Tiffy ( also from germany).
    Also there is a Cookie with bakery apron, Bert with accordion and an ernie with guitar
  10. twidddlebug

twidddlebug New Member

so far i know of these heimos.. (with asterix means i dont have it)
    Big Bird (large & small)
    Bert
    Bert - right hand on face
    Bert - Playing accordion
    * Bert - Fireman holding snorkle
    Betty Lou
    Cookie Monster (large & small)
    Cookie Monster - Playing marching drum
    * Cookie Monster - Wearing chef hat and apron, holding spoon
    Ernie
    Ernie - Playing guitar
    The Professor
    Grover
    Herry Monster (light & dark)
    Oscar (large and small)
    Roosevelt Franklin
    The Salesman (yellow & blue)
    Samson
    Samson - Holding yellow cake
    Sherlock Hemlock (brown & greyish)
    * Sherlock with magnifying glass cast to green body
    Tiffy
    * Tiffy - Holding left hand out (flat, no fingers)

there are variations on almost every one (either color or mold)
  11. Effralyo

Effralyo Active Member

And, simply to give ya a point: there had never been a Zeliboba PVC figure. As far as I know, there were only the two plush versions of him.
  12. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Off topic... but 'd love a Zeliboba PVC if they had one. Looks pretty cool.

Anyway, judging by the more primative sculpts (older toys don't look as polished as figurines from nowadays) I'd say that it was easy to confuse the Samson for Rowlf. The Lefty looks good, though.