Princeton

Reaction score
I have found two items in my travels that, IMHO, take the cake:

*Church Lady (from SNL) mask
*Ed Grimley (from SCTV and SNL) doll

So, how bout y'all?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I got a marionette, it's a weird hairy yellow thing with a buggle-like nose. Freaky.

Princeton

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I got a marionette, it's a weird hairy yellow thing with a buggle-like nose. Freaky.
Do you have a picture of it?

zeldazipple

Reaction score
I think the weirdst thing I ever baught from a year sale was a incent holder made from solid soapstone. It looked like a yellow marbel coloured cactus.

Lucy

Reaction score
Haha, I have the best one! A five-foot high cuddly toy...carrot. And for £3, bargain!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Hmm not weird....but my brother and I found UHF at a garage sale (before the DVD was released) for $3 and we sent my brother over with a bunch of change (probably around a dollar) and had him put on his best cute face......

...and we got the VHS!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I didn't buy them of course, but at several yard sales I've seen people selling their old underwear. :eek:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
I didn't buy them of course, but at several yard sales I've seen people selling their old underwear. :eek:
[to above quote] Ew. On other things however, I found a beautiful painting of a cherry blossom tree, overlooking a bay of some sorts, with a small sailboat on it. It's apperently an original oil (?) painting. Can't read the signature in the bottom corner, and it's in an old wood frame, so I've cleaned off the frame (it got dusty) and it's hanging in my room now. Got it for $1.50. It was in someone's family for years apperently, and they had no place to put it, so it was at the church yardsale.

And trust me, it's not some kind of painting I could get tons of money for, cause I would recoginize the signature (most likely) if it was important, because we learned all about the famous painters in my art classes in high school.

That and my friends art teacher (he's been painting for longer then I've been around) looked at it, and said, yes it was an original, but it wasn't important or famous, far as he could tell. Either way I love the painting.