Well, I guess it's officially over

zeldazipple

Reaction score
We had our decs down for about a week now. We kind of had to beecause we had the carpet cleaners come over, and we took the tree down, so we thought we may as well take the rest down too. First time I took my deas down before Jan the 9th.I think the true meaning of Christmas isn't the decs anyway it's being with freands and familey.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Good point Ziffel, it's like Bob said in Christmas Eve on Sesame Street "Keep Christmas with you all through the year, when Christmas is over you can keep it near...."

Drtooth

Reaction score
Personally, I'm always more depressed Halloween is over with than Christmas (especially since the Christmas merchandise comes out around august, and Halloween stuff comes out, like, 2 weeks later). But considering that Christmas is 12 days long, I heard my mother just took the tree down yesterday. onsidering my decorations consist of a Christmas Pinky and the Brain Bean Bag set, and an old TMNT character stocking, I just pulled them down before New Years. Took 5 minutes to put up, 4 minutes to take down.

However, there is always one relitive or something that never gives the family their presents until much later (sometimes never), I guess you have to keep Christmas spirit with you.

But I DO love post holiday clearances. I got like, 10 bucks worth of candy for a buck, and a wind up Leonardo for 20 cents (I had the other three turtles, got Raph for Christmas, got Mike and Don for 50 cents a week ago). I mean, you can get all this great stuff for dirt cheap.

Sadly the next major Holiday is valentines day (I'm not a fan), then Easter, then there are no more candy/ Merchandise themed holidays until Halloween. that's when you have to pay full price for candy.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Our tree is still up. We even still have a few unwrapped gifts, since the people they're for we haven't had the chance to give them to.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Our tree is still up, along with all our decorations! I say stretch it out as long as possible! And I just love dozing on the couch in the soft glow of the tree lights...
Erin

F

furryredmonster

Christmas was over for me right after I opened my presents- our tree was taken down :frown:

janicegroupie

Reaction score
I've been feeling pretty sad that Christmas is over but at the same time I'm feeling a little releived since it was a hard season. We still have our tree up but that's mostly because we haven't gotten motivated enough to take it down. Christmas itself was a lot of fun my first one married so I'll miss that but I have good memories. We were busy Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and the day after Christmas we did Hannukah. It was a good time.

BTW I had my first cadbury egg this weekend. It may be really early but I couldn't help myself. Those things are great and I am very much ready for spring here in cold Wisconsin.

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
Well as of last night......my Christmas decorations and tree have been put away until later on this year!

*sniff sniff*