Well I guess it's officially started!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Last year, I sadly started a thread called: "Well I guess it's officially over", stating sometime in mid January that the 2005 Christmas season had faded from grace... BUT NOW IT'S BACK!
Last night:
• I saw my first 3 Christmas commercials on TV!
• Non stop Christmas music was playing on the "Sounds of the Season" Music channel on digital cable.
• I bought my first bottle of eggnog this year.
• AND I started shopping online for Christmas gifts!​

Now; I know so many people that say "I don't like Christmas anymore because it's too commercialized." :grouchy:
Well Bah Humbug to youse' guys! Pardon me, but I wasn't born in 1912, so I can't remember when Christmas wasn't commercialized! :excited: I L:flirt:VE the commercialization! I love retail stores and fortune five hundred companies demanding I buy gifts, decorations, food and all sorts of other crap, tis' the season! So whether you're disgusted that there's Jolly Holly Jingle Bell Merry merchandise everywhere the day after Halloween, or you're like me who hasn't grown up past five-years-old, I say to all of you:
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh you demented person who buys Christmas gifts in in the first week of November...what a fabulous idea!

Acutally, I have started buying in supplies of choclate for "the week" when festive DVDs and Videos come out of storage and Jingle Bells plays ad continuom through the decked halls.

Also it's Christmas season at our hotel when i get to work this evening so ding-dong-merrily and pass the bread-source!

christyb

Reaction score
Hey I think it's great! Actually, I've already gotten a Christmas present...a brake job for my car. (Thank you Mom and Dad!) Now I believe it's time to drag out MCC and all the rest of the Christmas movies...now which box did I pack those in???

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I make a list of Christmas movies I HAVE to watch every year, and the last two years I didn't hit all of 'em. They are:
1. It's A Wonderful Life
2. Santa Clause The Movie (the one with Dudley Moore and John Lithgow)
3. Year Without A Santa Clause
4. The Grinch
5. How The Grinch Stole Christmas
6. A Christmas Story
7. Home Alone
8. Scrooged
9. The Polar Express (this is one of the greatest new Christmas movies EVER)
10. A Charlie Brown Christmas
11. Mickey's Christmas Carol
12. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1960's claymation version)
13. Muppet Christmas Carol
14. Muppet Family Christmas

I'm sure I have more, but those are definitely my favs.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Those are some great movies Dave! I must say that I love this time of year too. I love Thanksgiving, I love that my birthday is this month and I love Christmas! I say bring it all on! Whoopie! :excited:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
For my family, christmas season starts at the end of the thanksgiving day parage when santa comes. We have a tradition of having hot roast beef sandwiches and watching A Christmas Story on christmas eve.

My own personal "tradition" is watching all those old stop motion chrsitmas movies on tv, like Rudolph, Year without a santa clause (love that movie :big_grin:), ect.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!! It's so nice, and sweet, and so much stuff is on sale! Stuff goes like half-off for Christmas, it gets colder, and it's so crazy! I swear, we end up shopping at Wal-Mart the day before Christmas Eve, or sometimes even Christmas Eve. Mom just gives me the list, the money and sends me in!

It's like everyone's turned into Muppets, and they're all going insane. I am at my best during that time! And I just love it! Candy, shopping, family, food, meeting old friends, making new friends. It's all just....wow. I just love it. Christmas, Christmas....sometimes I wish it came more then once a year. It's all just so lovely.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I know how Vic feels. I love the displays in department store windows. Half of my celebration of Christmas comes from looking at magazines, commericals and TV specials!

I keep it in perspective, I don't actually buy most of this stuff. But just seeing it helps me get into the spirit. I love that for a month (or two, counting November), our little world changes and celebrates this time of year.

Faylo

Reaction score
YAY CHRISTMAS!! :smile:

I'm already in the spirit of things! I'm already reading A Christmas Carol for school now, and I have to write a paper (Mine's going to be the similarities and differences from the book and MCC). Someone here already has their lights up, and some stores have their windows painted! Oooh I'm so excited!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Sgt Floyd said:
For my family, christmas season starts at the end of the thanksgiving day parage when santa comes. We have a tradition of having hot roast beef sandwiches and watching A Christmas Story on christmas eve.
Oh my gosh, that's so timeless, I love it; how beautiful!
ReneeLouvier said:
CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!! It's so nice, and sweet, and so much stuff is on sale! Stuff goes like half-off for Christmas, it gets colder, and it's so crazy! I swear, we end up shopping at Wal-Mart the day before Christmas Eve, or sometimes even Christmas Eve. Mom just gives me the list, the money and sends me in!
I always go to the mall on the 23rd even if I've finished my shopping, I L:flirt:VE the bustle! This reminded me of a quick story that happened to me over 10 years ago:

It was December 23rd and I hadn't done any shopping, so knowing I'd be awhile, I took my paycheck and headed to the local mall that was my second home and prepared for a busy night. I had been shopping for two hours or so (and just wandering the mall and "taking it all in") when I decided I needed to have a bite to eat. I took all my bags and my burger and sat down to eat in the food court when a good friend from high school saw me and came over to say 'hi'. He asked if I wanted to hang, and said that I really couldn't because I still had shopping to do, but he was more then welcome to tag along. We ran out to my car to drop off what I had already purchased and we moved our cars together so when we left the mall, we'd be able to leave together. We shopped for a few more hours and then just hung in the mall and talked. I couldn't tell you about what if I wanted to because I can't remember for the life of me, but we talked until the mall closed (which was late due to the holiday season) and then talked even longer until we got the hint from the mall cleaning staff that we really should go. We looked at the time and saw it was almost 1am! We had managed to stay inside the mall another 2 hours after it closed, right into Christmas eve morning, and when we stepped outside into the night, we were welcomed by the first snow of the year. A good 3 inches covered our two cars which were the only ones in the parking lot. We talked maybe another hour before we got in our seperate vehicles and drove home. That mall has since closed down and I only see that old friend on extremely rare occassions, but that night was one of my warmest Christmas memories I ever had.