Well, it's good to see Disney diversifying their Saturday cartoons

beaker

Reaction score
I hadnt watched Saturday Morning ABC Disney block programming for awhile, and was quite impressed with the lineup. While I was mor einclined to watch FoxBox(mainly for TMNT...they referenced the Muppets on this episode! "A wise frog once said, "It aint easy being green") as well as Nick Jr. on CBS(Rugrats still rocks!) I was surprised to see how different the new shape of Disney satruday morning cartoons was.

Almost all the cartoons star a girl which is interesting. Fillmore, stars a black kid and a goth punk chick. Proud Family stars a black girl and her family. And Power Rangers looks to have evolved; err at least somewhat. So while Foxbox ha endless kiddy anime(the kind I dont like) and Nick Jr. has the oldie but goodie staples on CBS, ABC really is looking cool(miss that one out there show, the Weekenders tho)

Does NBC even have cartoons anymore? Or is it just sports and Saved By The Bell type shows?

Then again, nothing beats the glory of mid/late 80's Saturday Morning Cartoons! *aw, those were the days!*

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
[B
Does NBC even have cartoons anymore? Or is it just sports and Saved By The Bell type shows[/B]
NBC now airs shows from Discovery Kids on Saturday mornings.

Manda:-D

Reaction score
I LOOOVE my Ninja Turtles...But, unfortunately, we had a bad storm last night, and so we had cable problems, and the cable cut out AT THE END OF THE SHOW!!!! :mad: (Grrrrrrrrrrr........) I've seen an episode of The Weekenders, Cory, it looked pretty good to me! My lil' sis LOOOVES the Discovery Kids stuff on NBC!!! .....But yes, I miss the days when it was actually WORTH IT to get up early on Saturday mornings!!!

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Manda:-D
I LOOOVE my Ninja Turtles...But, unfortunately, we had a bad storm last night, and so we had cable problems, and the cable cut out AT THE END OF THE SHOW!!!! :mad: (Grrrrrrrrrrr........) I've seen an episode of The Weekenders, Cory, it looked pretty good to me! My lil' sis LOOOVES the Discovery Kids stuff on NBC!!! .....But yes, I miss the days when it was actually WORTH IT to get up early on Saturday mornings!!!
Oooh! So good to see other TMNT fans! I was hoping more people caught the Kermit the Frog reference ont he episode, heh.
Well youre in luck! As I missed last week's episode due to NAscar, I was able to see that and this weeks episodes today(Fox reairs the prior weeks episode at 7:30(or 8:30) and the new ones at 9:30(or 10:30 depending where ya live)

NBC in the 80's used to be thee place, now they dont even have cartoons anymore(they hadnt for awhile, just ripoffs of Saved by the Bell) Besides TMNT on Fox kids, Disneys ABC saturday morning is extremely hip and cool these days.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Bring back Rubick the Amazing Cube! Just kidding! :wink:

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Jamie, you would LOVE www.yesterdayland.com it has tons of info on EVERY 80's(as well as 50's-90's) saturday morning cartoon, prime time show, and even fashion faux paus(big shoulder blazers and skinny ties included!) They even have several sections on Cyndi Lauper alone!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
NNOOOOOOO that show scared me!!!

i did like cardcaptors though.....

and we all know when you get sarah started on saturday morning cartoons she is going to bring up the best cartoon series of all time, ANIMANIACS!,

now i watch ABC.....unless my brother changes it to Jackie Chan Adventures...which is an interesting show.....i'll leave it at that:wink:

Sarah

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma

and we all know when you get sarah started on saturday morning cartoons she is going to bring up the best cartoon series of all time, ANIMANIACS!,
Sarah
Hahahahahaha....I agree with you TOTALLY, Sarah!!! I am SOO mad nobody airs even RERUNS anymore!!!

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma
Helllooo Nurse! (,--- fave line in the show) Yeah that was a pretty irreverent show, heh.