Wembley Fraggle! Squeet squeet squat!

BoxGhost

Reaction score
I said this on deviantart already, but you did a really awesome job. :smile: My wembley is still sitting naked in the basement. :O Gotta get that shirt fabric printed.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Wem has no clue what to wear when he does have his shirts. He'll agonize over which shirt to wear. I imagine the decision is easier when one of his shirts is in the wash...unless he suddenly realizes that nudity is an option...shirt or no shirt? Shirt inside-out or outside-out? And he goes back to bed in a Wembletonic fit.

I need to make the shirt fabric for Wem. I've been so focused on the book illo project, I don't have much drawin' energy left over for other things.

BoxGhost

Reaction score
I've been holding off on printing mine because I'm not 100 percent happy with my design yet. I'm probably going to redo it about 700 times, just like how I keep redoing my wembley's face pattern.

I'm the same way, too, I'm working on my comic and my freelance illustration projects and at the end of the day I'm beat and never have the energy to work on it. One day... one day...

Yours looks great, though, you should be so proud. Cannot wait to see your other puppets.

TML

Reaction score
He came out awesome. So freaking cute! How did you figure the head shape out? His is weird.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Trial and error! I made 7 skulls for him before getting one with the right shape. It had to have the long, round-ended schnoz, short lower jaw, round cheeks, and overall flexibility of the original puppet. Oh, and the puppeteer's hand has to be able to fit inside it too. That was a tough combo. At least I got a bit of a hint from one of the DVD special features, when they talked about Wem's mouthplate. It's not two separate pieces like most other characters' are, but one piece, with the back scored so it can flex smoothly.

Slackbot

Reaction score
It's on the complete first season. They have interviews with some of the creators and puppeteers.