"Wembley's Egg Surprise" on DVD February 9

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Hey- just saw this at http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Fraggle-Rock-Easter-DVD/12772

Looks like Lionsgate is releasing "Fraggle Rock Easter" on DVD on February 9th, 2010!
I presume it would include episodes of the show with something of an Easter theme (though I really can't think of too many offhand.)
Maybe it'll even include more of the Fraggle Rock cartoon series too. Who knows? Just thought I'd spread the word to help you dance your cares away!:smirk::coy::excited:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
It boggles the mind to think of a "Fraggly Easter".

The Mudwell episode springs (ahem) to mind as maybe the closest in theme.

Drtooth

Reaction score
What? Do they dye radishes or something? Poison Cackler eggs seem too dangerous.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
What? Do they dye radishes or something? Poison Cackler eggs seem too dangerous.
LOL! That would be hilarious.:big_grin:
Oh well- I guess any excuse to make a little more money...
Hopefully it will actually be worthwhile to Fraggle Rock fans with some kind of bonus or something- but I think it's probably just marketed to the casual fans who want to enjoy a few episodes of a childhood favorite show...

Now, if they were to actually do a whole new Fraggle Rock Easter special- that might be something.:excited:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Hopefully what it may lack in an "Easter" theme it will make up for with an overabundence of cool Easter eggs.

...and if it's anything like the Christmas dvd it will probably have bonus features related to some other Henson properties - i'm thinking Tale of the Bunny Picnic. (Likewise i wouldn't be surprised to soon hear news of a Picnic dvd)

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
...and if it's anything like the Christmas dvd it will probably have bonus features related to some other Henson properties - i'm thinking Tale of the Bunny Picnic. (Likewise i wouldn't be surprised to soon hear news of a Picnic dvd)
Probably if Tale of the Bunny Picnic wasn't owned by Disney.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Yep- Tale of The Bunny Picnic would make sense- and it would be nice to see it out on DVD too.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Maybe the epsiode, Wembley's Egg?

Chris

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
EASTER? I can vaguely associate Fraggle Rock episodes with something like Halloween or Valentine's Day, but EASTER? Where is there anything that has anything to do with Easter besides perhaps Wembley's Egg?