Wembley's Eyes

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
I have a question! How do they make wembleys eyes move all around, you cant see anything that would make them move! So how? For those who are making fraggle puppets, how do you make wembleys nose?
Thanks
Tyler

PukkaPukka

Reaction score
Wembley Construction

wembleyfraggle said:
I have a question! How do they make wembleys eyes move all around, you cant see anything that would make them move! So how? For those who are making fraggle puppets, how do you make wembleys nose?
Thanks
Tyler
Tyler,

Well, the eye issue can probably be answered by someone more "in the know" than myself (Terry, Karen, or Warrick want to take a shot?), but I'll give it my best - from what I've gathered...

About the eyes, on Wembley (and Red also) they are full orbs that are just in a certain position to allow the special look to them that would make them appear to float in the direction they are desired. I've managed to replicate this (although not to the best extent) with my puppet I'm building, Wotsit - read my earlier posts for info) by using styrofoam balls and two pins. I guide the pin into the puppet and pierce the head in two places (evened out, of course) and stick the balls onto the pins in a strategic placement, and then attach the pupils (that I got from those googly eyes - they are AMAZING for pupils!) to the eyeball. Dunno if that answers your question, but that is my interpretation of what happens, it is just a fact of well-placed eyes....I can generate darn near any expression I want, but if the eyes aren't right, things don't work as they should in the end...but that's me.

And about the nose, it's all in the way you cut the fleece from your pattern. Wotsit looks like a blue Wembley in a sense, but with his own characteristics. I did the nose with kind of a wide cut that bows out and comes back inward (like a shovel end but more rounded ...can't explain it very well....i'll try to post the pattern I made if I can get around to it...busy busy...) so you end up with that scooped, ridged nose that is common to Wembley. Hope that helped...henson probably has a better way of explaining the process....if they could :smile: lol!

Don't take my comments as gospel, they are my own interpretation that I have found that works really well. Thanks for asking tho... :smile: Hope I could help!

>Adam
AKA "PukkaPukka"

Collgoff

Reaction score
How was Wembley really able to move his eyes?