Wembley's voice

PanthraDion

Reaction score
Has anyone else here ever wondered how Steve Whitmire does Wembley's voice? I am trying to teach myself how to do Wembley's voice because he is one of my favorites.:coy: Is there a certain way to do his voice? I remember hearing different places, from a youtube video or video's I think, that there are certain faces that the muppeteers do to do the voices of their characters. Is that true? And does anyone have any advice on how I could try to get Wembley's voice?

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
Surprised nobody has replied to this yet and I don't have the answer, but I'll still throw in my two cents worth on my thoughts about it.

With any character voice, I think it just depends on how your vocal chords can adept to altering different sounds. You have to become one with your character, so yeah, I think by making certain faces, it helps you produce the sound you are looking for, like it somehow helps change your vocal chords to make that sound you want.

Like I said, I'm only giving my two cents worth thoughts, but if I tried to do Wembley's voice, I'd think I'd need to try for a higher pitch while adding a certain level of squeak to it, if that even makes any sense. /lol

Good Luck in your search. :coy:

PanthraDion

Reaction score
Surprised nobody has replied to this yet and I don't have the answer, but I'll still throw in my two cents worth on my thoughts about it.

With any character voice, I think it just depends on how your vocal chords can adept to altering different sounds. You have to become one with your character, so yeah, I think by making certain faces, it helps you produce the sound you are looking for, like it somehow helps change your vocal chords to make that sound you want.

Like I said, I'm only giving my two cents worth thoughts, but if I tried to do Wembley's voice, I'd think I'd need to try for a higher pitch while adding a certain level of squeak to it, if that even makes any sense. /lol

Good Luck in your search. :coy:
Thanks