1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Wembley's voice

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by PanthraDion, Apr 28, 2012.

1. PanthraDion

PanthraDion Well-Known Member

Has anyone else here ever wondered how Steve Whitmire does Wembley's voice? I am trying to teach myself how to do Wembley's voice because he is one of my favorites.:coy: Is there a certain way to do his voice? I remember hearing different places, from a youtube video or video's I think, that there are certain faces that the muppeteers do to do the voices of their characters. Is that true? And does anyone have any advice on how I could try to get Wembley's voice?
  2. Tom Fraggle

Tom Fraggle Active Member

Surprised nobody has replied to this yet and I don't have the answer, but I'll still throw in my two cents worth on my thoughts about it.

With any character voice, I think it just depends on how your vocal chords can adept to altering different sounds. You have to become one with your character, so yeah, I think by making certain faces, it helps you produce the sound you are looking for, like it somehow helps change your vocal chords to make that sound you want.

Like I said, I'm only giving my two cents worth thoughts, but if I tried to do Wembley's voice, I'd think I'd need to try for a higher pitch while adding a certain level of squeak to it, if that even makes any sense. /lol

Good Luck in your search. :coy:
  3. PanthraDion

PanthraDion Well-Known Member

Thanks