1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Wembly is a WOMAN?

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Drtooth, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

In all my days...I will never forget this thread title...it will be ingrained in my consciousness forever...
  3. SarahOnBway

SarahOnBway Member

hehehehehhehehehe
  4. Drtooth

Yeah... I just think it's funny when male characters are portraied by females in foreign language Dubs. If anyone's interrested, I also found the Japanese dub voice actors for Cotterpin Doozer, Philo and Uncle Matt (it's the same person that does both voices), as well as Robbie Sinclair... I even found Coolio's Japanese Dub voice for a Muppets Tonight episode.
  5. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

It's not all that far fetched really. Half of the boy voices on The Simpsons are done by women. :smirk:
  6. maniacal muppet

maniacal muppet Active Member

7. Pork

Pork Active Member

Isn't Winnie the Pooh's voice done by a woman? or am I wrong?
  8. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Heehee, that's funny stuff, good find, but that doesn't make Wembley a chick. I remember watching TMTM in German (don't ask why, that's what boredom does to ya) and Scooter's voice was dubbed with a woman's one. A lot of male characters are.
  9. Pork

Pork Active Member

I watched that in German! It was hilarious.
  10. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Heehee, I know, I have this thing about watching shows in different languages. ;) I could actually understand a bit what they were saying in the German version.
  11. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

So is he voiced, by a woman, as a man? Or is he voiced as a woman?

I know that in America one of the Bob the Builder characters is female, while that character is male in England. Is this similar?

No wonder Japanese children are so confused...
  12. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Muppets Take Manhattan has a few different language audio tracks. I can't remember which language it was but in one of them Janice is clearly played by a man. Yes I know, American Janice is played by a man too, but this foreign Janice was clearly not made to sound anything like a woman! Lol, I think someone got confused.
  13. Drtooth

Here's another interresting Japanese Voice dub fact...

The same person who does the dub voice for Junior Gorg is the same dub voice for Homer Simpson!
  14. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

This gets my vote for Favorite Thread Title Of The Year 2007.
  15. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Actually, that kinda makes sense, lol.
  16. SweetMayhem

SweetMayhem New Member

Great thread title. Definitely made me laugh out loud! These responses make me think I need to start watching my favorite shows/movies in foreign languages. My simpsons DVD got stuck on french once. That was interesting.
  17. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

Your wrong! he is voiced by a man named Jim Cummings. he also does Tigger, Pete, Bonkers and just to name a few for Disney! i know he does others to out side of disney but i really couldnt tell you who as to i REALLY DON'T pay to much atten. to the non-disney stuff! :smirk:
  18. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

Wrong... Sterling Holloway (think its spelled correctly) is a guy... TOdays is the same guy that does Tigger's voice...

and Lets not all forget... Howie Mandel did Skeeter's voice in Muppet Babies.
  19. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

lol opps.. didn't see that u were already corrected... well.. at least i provided the first voice actor's name lol.
  20. Drtooth