Wendy Froud Involvement In Power of the Dark Crystal

JMPrater

Reaction score
Does anyone have any information that includes Wendy Froud as part of the conceptual designing stages of The Power of the Dark Crystal? I couldn't imagine a DC film without her touch.

J.M. Prater

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
JMPrater said:
Does anyone have any information that includes Wendy Froud as part of the conceptual designing stages of The Power of the Dark Crystal? I couldn't imagine a DC film without her touch.

J.M. Prater
I spoke to both Wendy And Brian at the sandiago comicon which why btw have to be 2 of the nicest people I've ever come acorss anyways they both seemed rather disspleased and upset that henson wouldnt even fly them here to the usa to work on the movie and that they have very little to almost no involvement in the film. Which after hearing the news I told Brian I think thats not good at all and he agreed he's rather upset about it and he's worried about the film and it's over use of cgi.:embarrassed:

JMPrater

Reaction score
How interesting...which points back to my first proposed concern...BUDGET CONSTRAINTS. The fact that Henson wouldn't fly them over points to cost cutting [which isn't always a bad thing]. I'm however quite shocked that Brian & Wendy weren't flown to the USA for a film of this magnitude. On the first film, Brian and Wendy were around during pre production, and the physical production itself.

When you're at the point that you think you don't need the two people who helped established the feel and look of the world you're re-creating, you're WAY off course, GENNDY!!!!

J.M. Prater

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
I didn't know that Froud was as un-involved as you say he is. This isn't very un-encouraging.

Laszlo

Reaction score
That's what I already thought: BUDGET CONSTRAINTS !!!!

:mad:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
crazed gonzo fa said:
I didn't know that Froud was as un-involved as you say he is. This isn't very un-encouraging.
yep and it sure is. they're pretty much just using them or well her I guess.
I'd like to see a movie or show involving brian frouds characters I always enjoyed his characters more than wendys.:big_grin: