Were Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzy and Gonzo ever recurring characters on Sesame Street?

muppetnewbie

Reaction score
I have a bet with a friend that Miss Piggy, Kermit, Fozzy and Gonzo were never staple characters on Sesame Street.....They were just on the Muppet Show. A lunch is at stake here, so if anyone knows the answer and can provide some background info on this, it would be really appreciated! Thanks!

scarecroe

Reaction score
Kermit was a regular on Sesame Street, the others never appeared.

Conversely, Ernie and Bert appeared together on the Connie Stevens episode of The Muppet Show, and Big Bird was on the Leslie Uggams ep. A whole slew of them made a special appearance at the end of the Marty Feldman episode as well.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by muppetnewbie
I have a bet with a friend that Miss Piggy, Kermit, Fozzy and Gonzo were never staple characters on Sesame Street.....They were just on the Muppet Show. A lunch is at stake here, so if anyone knows the answer and can provide some background info on this, it would be really appreciated! Thanks!
Well while Kermit has been a resident member of the street since the late 60's; Piggy, Gonzo, and Fozzie have never been on Sesame Street. So I guess you owe eachother both a lunch.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
A whole slew of them made a special appearance at the end of the Marty Feldman episode as well.

most noted...Cookie Monster;-)

Kermit mentioned Piggy(kinda) on Sesame Street one time, i read about it on MC a few years ago, i think it was Jim's Kermit and he was interviewing pigs, real one, i think and he said you look like some one i know)

Remember i could be totaly wrong, i remember Jim's Kermit on Reading Rainbow years ago though.

Zack,

muppetchick

Reaction score
Also, Rowlf appeared very early on Sesame Street, in some of the promotional films Henson made to sell the show to PBS. He also appeared a few times on these "number of the day" sketches (let's sing about three...etc)

Marian

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't really know why they were'nt in their... kinda cool if they were guest stars.

Kermit appeared as a regular, then a guest star, now he doesn't appear at ALL. In fact, only a few pieces of Merchandising were Kermit on Sesame Street related. Mostly videos and albums, but one doll, only cause he sang the Sesame Street song, "Carribean Amphibian!"

Rowlf appeared in various Counting segments, and in the pilot episode!

Beautiful day ( a Muppet Show Monster) appeaerd on the Early episdoes of Sesame Street. Splurge was on a few times as well, but he's technically not from TMS, but various Muppet Specials!

Hope this helps.

LadyHyde

Reaction score
A Technical one

Miss Piggy's portrait was hung in the Saloon where most of Forgetful Jones's sketches took place.