Were the Minstrels always named?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I know that the names of the minstrels are cantus, murray, brool, brio and baslam, but in their first appearance, the minstrels, only cantus is referred to by name (he doesn't even introduce the other members individually), and the only ones who talk are cantus and murray. anyway, does anybody know if the other minstrels had names in the script for that episode, or if they were even planned to appear again? I know that some people who worked on the show, like karen prell, jerry nelson and terry angus (who i believe performed brio), post on this message board from time to time.

Emosewa

Reaction score
Well I honestly don't know. But you forget Brio also talked in the episode of 'Mokey and the Minstrels'. I dont' remember any of them ever using names in the show except Cantus. But.. *shrugs* I .. really dunno..

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Emosewa said:
Well I honestly don't know. But you forget Brio also talked in the episode of 'Mokey and the Minstrels'. I dont' remember any of them ever using names in the show except Cantus. But.. *shrugs* I .. really dunno..
I haven't seen "mokey and the minstrels" or "the honk of honks", so I didn't "forget" that he talked, since I didn't know it in the first place. cantus appeared in five episodes while the other minstrels only appeared in three.

Xerus

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me which minstrel is which? I know what each one looks like, but I don't know which names go with who.

Emosewa

Reaction score
Cantus-Leader
Murray-purpleish furry guitarist second in command guy
Brool-tall green figure with cat ears. I think he plays a guitar too?
Brio-small greenish fraggle plays cymbols
Balsam-armadillo like figure who plays bongos.

Effralyo

Reaction score
Right. He`s a bass player. And simply a "sweetie kitty!" :smile: