were these characters originally named?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There are a lot of characters whose names were not mentioned untill after they had been used for awhile, and many names were only used once. I wonder if they originally had their on-screen names (in design sketches, scripts, and so on), or if they originally had different names that were then randomly given to the characters.

Some characters who I am thinking about are:
Gorgon Heap
Behemoth (according to the introduction page for The Muppet Show first season episode guide at Muppet Central, Shakey Shanchez was just called Small Monster in the script for the Under My Skin number; could Behemoth have been called Big Monster in contrast?)
Timmy Monster
Beakie

I also wonder if any of those names were officially used by Henson or if those names were only used in the productions where they were mentioned by name. I have read that The Art of Jim Henson refers to Timmy by name, so I guess that was his official name, but what about the others?

I also wonder if each member of Lobbock Lou and his jughuggers had official names before they were mentioned. All of the names have been mentioned somewhere, but most of those names were only mentioned once. Jerry has gone by a few names, with Jerry being the name used on an album, Slim Wilson being his only on-screen name, and Jed being his name in a script (according to the Muppet Show epsidoe guide at Muppet Central).