West Nile, Swine Flu, Meningitis, and Sequelitis

Drtooth

Reaction score
Honestly can't believe they're making a Sharknado 3 and casting David Hasslehoff in it. There's satire, there's self satire, there's the Simpsons level satire of self satire infinite loop, and now there's this. And cast with the worst people they could find, too. Special mention goes to the far right hate spigot that shall go unnamed they cast as vice president. Then again, she could indeed be good because her entire facade is just all an act. Yep. I agree with Boondocks completely with that one. In wouldn't put it past The Asylum to shove a polarizing hasbeen into one of their dumb films.

Also of note, Zoolander 2. I dunno. I really dug the first one, and it's one of the roles Will Ferrel was actually well used for, especially that early on in his career. Somehow a precursor to two of my other favorite Ferrel roles, Megamind and Lord Business. I just don't know if Zoolander really needs a second film. Though it would be great to see Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller together again in a not Night at the Museum movie.

D'Snowth

Reaction score

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm sure Tim Burton pitched that one to Disney. I don't see it being anything remotely the same as the original. I just wanna know what they're going to do about the unfortunate crows.

I wouldn't exactly call what he did to Alice in Wonderland connected in anyway to the original Disney movie. I honestly don't know what that was other than the obvious Hot Topic marketing tie in before they went all nerd cultury. Seriously, they got good stuff now.

I don't get why anyone would want another Sharknado. The first one was at least slightly ironic, clearly. Anything else would be just "HEY! Look at how stupid we can make this already stupid concept!" It would be like "Manos Hands of Fate 2: Hands Harder" where they'd just spend 90 minutes saying how stupid the first one was while throwing pies at each other. I still don't get why they made a second one instead of just making another bad B movie ironic parody based on something else.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just wanna know what they're going to do about the unfortunate crows.
Oof, yeah, that's gonna be a problem right there -- when you look at them today, they're so blatantly racial stereotypes, it's a wonder the whole movie hasn't been boycotted over even banned by today's viewing public because of them.

But then again, compared to the infamous Censored Eleven Warner Bros. cartoons, the crows are arguably less offensive, as they come off more as affectionate caricatures - albeit still blatantly racial caricatures.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's that totally okay at the time problem. Those are sadly the more respectable caricatures from that era. It thankfully doesn't go as far as Coal Black and De Sebbin Dwarbs, which was also supposedly okay at the time. I mean, it was respectful compared to everything else that was even worse. And everyone totally forgets it's a war propaganda film because it's so freaking racist. Going back even further, it's like really really old style humor was so bad that they had to resort to racism to get laughs. One of the first animations was a guy drawing racist caricatures.

There's no way they'd be in the remake the same capacity. They'd probably be some gothy fangirly thing knowing Tim's involved. It's a real shame. His weird biopic about the woman who painted those kids with those really big eyes looked like a breakthrough back to classic filmmaker Burton. I hope this film is a continuation of that, and the Circus Dumbo works on isn't a complete copy of the one from Batman Returns with a dash of Big Fish.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
How many 50 SHADES OF GRAY books are there? I thought there was just the one - that I'm aware of - but they're already working on two sequels to the movie.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Although it's nice to know that this will be Disney's first theatrically released sequel since The Rescuers Down Under, and I'm doubtful that it will be as badly written as the DTV ones, I don't know how the writers are going to continue Frozen's story with a full sequel.

Now, Disney, how about announcing Wreck-It Ralph 2?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really don't think one is necessary. Not as much as Wreck-it Ralph, where the film makers want to explore Fix it Felix Sr. There's a lot of potential there. And while there is a desire to do a Big Hero 6 sequel, the writers themselves don't want to rush into one. Really think they should be making shorts and maybe a comic series based off that version of the crew.

My sentiments are with mr3urious. I'm not going to be negative or annoyed about it, but at the same time, I don't know what they're going to do with it. That's the problem.

I saw shorts and specials would be a better route.