1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

West Nile, Swine Flu, Meningitis, and Sequelitis

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Nov 10, 2012.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I was listening to the radio today, and apparently Robert Pattinson is anxiously wanting to make another TWILIGHT movie.

2. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Vomit.

D'Snowth likes this.
  3. Bliffenstimmers

Bliffenstimmers Well-Known Member

4. D'Snowth

Apparently he was quoted as saying he's ready to play seventeen again. That and being all oily and sparkly again. :skeptical:

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  5. LittleJerry92

6. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

They're remaking the original Child's Play film despite the wishes of its creator and the fact that the actual series is still going strong.

I just.

Cannot.

Is there no shame left in this world?

7. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

I guess we're in the age of reboots right now. There have been so many of them lately, both of movies and TV shows. Honestly, I think most of them are only made just to cash in on the nostalgia craze.

LittleJerry92 and Old Thunder like this.
  8. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

There were direct-to-video sequels to CP a couple years ago, but I don't think even fans liked them.

9. D'Snowth

"Right now"?

10. LittleJerry92

I blame it more on people who complain about the modern day stuff too much. And then they just end up complaining when it's rebooted. :rolleyes:

11. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

What, you mean "Curse" and "Cult"? I didn't think they were perfect, but I love the way that they continue on from each other and the ending of "Cult" is a mind-boggle. I have never been more excited to see what happens next... ever. There are many criticisms for the series but I think that Mancini and co are finally finding the right direction again.

12. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

13. D'Snowth

They've been talking about this for a while. Supposedly, it's going to be less of a straight-forward reboot of Shrek, and more of a "next-gen" spin-off focusing on the ogre babies and the dronkeys.

14. LittleJerry92

That franchise is dead to me now.

Never even bothered watching the last two movies.

15. D'Snowth

The last two movies are . . . okay. They lack the engaging storytelling the first two (especially the second) have, but I will say that the third movie is one of those movies that's really only good for a quick laugh, because it puts more emphasis on the jokes and humor than it does the storytelling (in other words, if you tried watching it stoned, you'd literally die from laughing). The last one feels tired and out of steam, and the AU storyline is really unusual, but I think it was wise they ended the franchise when they did - especially considering they were originally planning on going on for six or eight movies.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  16. mr3urious

Wasn't Puss in Boots going to have a sequel that re-told Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves or something? It might have had Kitty Softpaws and the Three Diablos (the kittens he adopted in the short of the same name) joining him.

17. D'Snowth

I thought they gave Puss like a Netflix or Hulu-exclusive series instead.

18. mr3urious

They did, but I think it just ended.

19. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

What's AU?

20. D'Snowth

Alternate Universe.