1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

West Nile, Swine Flu, Meningitis, and Sequelitis

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Nov 10, 2012.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I think I would be open-minded about an ALF movie, because it does seem like at least once a decade, ALF makes some kind of little amusing comeback (like Mr. T)... like back in the mid-2000s, when TV Land gave him his own talkshow, and Ed McMahon was his sidekick... that was pretty good.

Plus, ALF's been depicted in different mediums before, besides puppetry, I know there was also an animated series, I believe it was done by David Feiss (the creator of Cow and Chicken).
  2. HeyButtahfly

HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

Tom Hanks' page on IMDb lists Toy Story 4 as "announced," as of August... I'm coming up short in my search for definitive or "official" announcements, though.
  3. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

I sure hope not!
  4. robodog

robodog Active Member

Woody and the gang's tale has been told. The only way another Toy Story might work is if they came up with a film set in the same universe with a whole new cast of characters. Even then I doubt they'd be able to top the original series. We really don't need any more Toy Story films.
    Drtooth likes this.
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Fully agreed. Small stories can be told in the form of movie shorts and comic books, but 90 minutes of character development? There's nothing left except them breaking and decaying and ending up in the dump for good. That's not exactly going to be a happy movie. Yet, it would fit in perfectly with the escalating drama the Toy Story movies have.
  6. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Or, ya know, they could make a spin-off called "Lawn Ornament Story." Oh, wait, Gnomeo and Juliet already ripped that one off.
    Muppet fan 123 and Dominicboo1 like this.
  7. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

I actaully think my own fanfic works better as a continuation since it's more of a T.V. series with Andy reading Bonnie stories he personally wrote as a child about the toys. Something like that would work much much much better. Or just the short films.
  8. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Active Member

I agree that Toy Story 3 left it off at a good point, and I have no clue how they'd continue the story after that. The shorts are awesome though, the new one with Rex and the bath toys was funny.
    As far as other sequels go, as long as they have a good story.
  9. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

There is a Tooth Fairy 2 with Larry the Cable Guy? Oh god...someone shoot me X_X
  10. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

A croosover? S0omebody just GET ME OUT OF THIS Squelititis.
  11. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

It's not a crossover, it's a sequel, that apparently came out this year...

Here's what netflix says:

12. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I smell Oscars for this one! :smirk:

I have no idea how anyone finds Larry the Cable Guy funny, even his 30-second heartburn medication commercials are tough to get through.
  13. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

It was a direct to DVD special. I facepalmed when I saw it in Walmart's 5 dollar bargain bin.
  14. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

sequelitis is growing overseas now in the uk we had a comedy film come out called nativity about schools puting on a children nativity to see who nativity is the best and today i find out that a sequel coming out this year and all think was why why do companies keep puting out sequels for films that don't need them
  15. Drtooth

I'd love to see a Spinoff Buzz Lightyear of Star command Movie, but there's no doubt they'd toss the continuity of the cartoon series out the window. Seriously, X.R. would be awesome as a CGI character. other than that, only shorts, TV specials, and comic books would be able to hold side stories.

I get when the movies make money, but there are those that just get DTV sequels when no one cared about the first one. I guess those movies do well on DVD when they hit discount, and there's money in it? Of course, and I say this all the time, with the advent of Redbox, I'm seeing crappy mockbusters and ugly CGI projects that look like they came off a home computer. That's probably why we're getting garbage DTV sequels.

A GOOD sequel continues a story we want continued. A bad one ruins a story we liked before.
  16. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Oh, gee, we should have seen KICK-*** 2 coming, we really should have.

Okay, I haven't seen the original, I confess, but the fact that it has a sequel comes as absolutely no shock to me.
  17. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I think I saw somewhere that Jim Carrey, star of Kick Donkey 2, has come out and condemned the film for being too violent and such and he won't be involved in the promotions for it. Good sign for a movie when one of its stars won't promote it.
  18. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

He only said that following (I believe) the Sandy Hook shootings.
  19. Drtooth

Because there was totally a comic book version of Kick *** 2? There are at least 3 KickAnus comics, I don't see how this is sequelitis so much as an adaption of another story.

I am exceedingly disappointed with Jim Carrey on this one. Everyone else involved in the movie thought he did an awesome job. Of all people in Hollywood, Jim should know that movies aren't a direct correlation between film violence and crazy people with access to guns. I liked his Funny or Die and all, but to come out and not support a movie that everyone involved wanted him in that's (possibly) one of the best things he did in years (He was freaking Awesome in Burt Wonderstone) is just a very disappointing action. Sure, we're all upset that Sandy Hook happened and nothing has come out of it to prevent that from happening again, but Carrey's beef is with idiot survivalist gun hoarders (the mother of the shooter was one) and politicians who are essentially hos for the NRA. Not a fantasy movie.
  20. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Well-Known Member

I actually wondered that same thing. :confused: I know a lot of people were nostalgic for the show (I'm not, although my mother tells me I loved the show when I was a kid), but I thought even the diehard fans hated the movie.