What a great surprise!!!

rexcrk

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm sitting there watching TV and I hear someone at the door. I look out and it's the mail lady. She must've dropped off a package 'cause she was going back to her mail truck. I bring the package inside and look at the label, and it said it came from "EB Fulfillment" or something like that. I think to myself "Could that be Muppet-related?" and I open the box and it's... the...

BACKSTAGE PLAYSET!!! :big_grin: :big_grin:

I had no idea it was gonna ship so early in the month! I haven't had a chance to open it yet what with homework and getting the room all cleaned. It looks totally awesome though! :smile:

T

timrikthegorf

I got mine as well and tried putting it together without the instructions. I suggest you don't do that. It worked out in the end, but it was trial and error. Also, I suggest that you don't peel and stick the posters. If you ise a little bit of low stick tape and roll it so that it's sticky on both sides you can put the posters up temporarily and switch them when you want.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I didn't know it came with instructions on how to put it together, lol. Maybe it doesn't or I lost mine, I dunno. But I did figure it out, it wasn't so hard. I love all the posters that came w/ it! And the accessories are great too. It's a lot of fun setting up a display with Muppets and random accessories all over the place, heh heh. One problem though, I have a little table next to the TV and that's where I put the Muppet figures and unfortunately there isn't enough room for the Swedish Kitchen and the Backstage, so I had to put away the Swedish Kitchen. Other than it's size, (which IS a good thing, don't get me wrong, hehe) it's totally awesome. Oh and the Rowlf figure is sweet too! I can't wait till Lips, Swedish Chef, Pops, and Fozzie get here!

T

timrikthegorf

The instructions on on the Palisades web site. I had a problem with my set, but mostly it was because the peg holes were a little clogged with paint. A quick scrap with a knife solved that.

So who did you put in your set?

rexcrk

Reaction score
Let's see, all the way at the top and all the way to the right is Miss Piggy. A little bit closer to the stairs I put Gonzo (purple tux) and Camilla. A little bit down the stairs I have Lew Zealand. Then directly at the bottom of the stairs I put Rowlf. Over to the left on the bottom I have Kermit and Scooter discussing the show (as in, Scooter's holding the clipboard and Kermit's looking at it, lol) and Crazy Harry's in the back with his plunger thing. Then I hung up whatever accessories I could actually hang up. It's sooo awesome.

T

timrikthegorf

Wow, I have a lot of the same figures. Piggy, Gonzo, Harry, Kermit, Scooter, Rowlf, Camilla. I also have Rizzo hanging off a light, Pepe, Janice, Floyd, Animal, and Robin. I have a feeling Piggy, Gonzo, Harry, Kermit, and Scooter are going to be in almost everyone's set.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Yeah I hear ya. It's gotta at least have Kermit in it. And I only put classic Muppets in the set. That excludes Muppet Treasure Island Sam and Kermit, Polly Lobster, Johnny, Clifford, Phil van Neuter, Rizzo ('cause he's from Muppets From Space), and Pepe.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
I can't wait to get mine. I opted for the three day shipping so I should see it by Thursday at the latest. I will be putting Sam and Kermit together just because I always love their backstage interaction.

T

timrikthegorf

rexcrk said:
Yeah I hear ya. It's gotta at least have Kermit in it. And I only put classic Muppets in the set. That excludes Muppet Treasure Island Sam and Kermit, Polly Lobster, Johnny, Clifford, Phil van Neuter, Rizzo ('cause he's from Muppets From Space), and Pepe.
I figured that Pepe and Rizzo were seen back stage in AVMMC so I put them in the set. To each his own. I could never put a MTI figure back there though. I couldn't even put Statler or Waldorf back stage because it would be too weird.

BTW, I used Pigs In Space Piggy. I remeber seeing her coming out of the dressing room a few times in her PIS outfit. It works nicely. I'm sure Vet's Hospital Piggy will work great as well.