What are the best rock bands of all time

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
How many can I give you ? Ten for starters?

The Beatles
Pink Floyd (Dark Side of the Moon should be required listening)
Yes
King Crimson
Frank Zappa/Mothers of Invention
Santana
Crosby, Stills, Nash and (sometimes) Young
Traffic
The Who
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band

Go sink your teeth into that.

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
How many can I give you ? Ten for starters?

The Beatles
Pink Floyd (Dark Side of the Moon should be required listening)
Yes
King Crimson
Frank Zappa/Mothers of Invention
Santana
Crosby, Stills, Nash and (sometimes) Young
Traffic
The Who
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band

Go sink your teeth into that.
Very nice list. Gotta love pink Floyd and CSN and the who and yes and king krimson.

For me best pink Floyd is animals. That album kicks some serious butt.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Having not lived through all time yet, I can't quite say.:wink:
However, here are some of my favorite rock bands and/or singers ever that I consider some of the best.

Petra
Stryper
Relient K
Switchfoot
ApologetiX
Rich Mullins
Keith Green
Larry Norman
Steven Curtis Chapman
Michael Card
Michael W. Smith
Amy Grant

and tons others..................

of the secular rock bands, I will say that I like a lot of The Beatles' songs, though I don't agree with all their theology. And definitely LOVE The Beach Boys.
And if we're talking piano players, some of my all time favorites- Keith Green, Michael W. Smith, Elton John and Billy Joel.
And I do enjoy some songs by most all of the artists already listed and there is a ton of different kinds of music that I enjoy and listen to...but I do try to be selective on what I listen to and dwell on.....anything that conforms to Philippians 4:8 and Colossians 3:17 I'm good with. Basically anything that is glorifying to Jesus.
I like bands that have lyrics that make me think and that speak deeply meaningful things to me (yes- and some that are just plain fun- The Muppets, for instance, have a good mix of both.:big_grin::sing::flirt::cool::halo::smile:)

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
My favorite rock bands of all time are: Florence + The Machine (I can tolerate this kind of music.), Crosby, Stills, & Nash (CSNY - sometimes), the Grateful Dead, R.E.M., the Bangles, The Beatles, The Beach Boys, Switchfoot (I love their song, "Only Hope"), Santana (instrumental or not, I adore this rock band so much), Boston (I admit it, my parents and I do have something in common and Boston is one of those rock bands), the Velvet Underground (most songs were written by Lou Reed for this band and I LOVE Velvet Underground), the Rolling Stones, U2, and er... Dave Matthews Band.

My favorite artists are: Miley Cyrus, Michael W. Smith, Amy Grant, the Electric Mayhem (does this count?), Billy Joel, Elton John, Neil Diamond, and so on.

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
My favorite rock bands of all time are: Florence + The Machine (I can tolerate this kind of music.), Crosby, Stills, & Nash (CSNY - sometimes), the Grateful Dead, R.E.M., the Bangles, The Beatles, The Beach Boys, Switchfoot (I love their song, "Only Hope"), Santana (instrumental or not, I adore this rock band so much), Boston (I admit it, my parents and I do have something in common and Boston is one of those rock bands), the Velvet Underground (most songs were written by Lou Reed for this band and I LOVE Velvet Underground), the Rolling Stones, U2, and er... Dave Matthews Band.

My favorite artists are: Miley Cyrus, Michael W. Smith, Amy Grant, the Electric Mayhem (does this count?), Billy Joel, Elton John, Neil Diamond, and so on.
Oooooo I noticed you out Dave Matthews in there! He's fantastic

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Five more for Honorable Mention:

Fleetwood Mac (especially the Peter Green years)
Jefferson Airplane
The Small Faces
The Kinks (I dare you to listen to "Waterloo Sunset" and not be moved)
Creedence Clearwater Revival