What are the phone keys for texting?

muppetperson

Reaction score
I have a non keyboard on my cell phone, so to text, I have to keep pressing the key till the right letter appears.I havent caught on to texting, so could someone please explain what keys to use for going back a space if you make a mistake,what to do if you want to type a number instead of letter,what to use for a full stop,make the letter a capital,etc,etc.:embarrassed:

muppetperson

Reaction score
I have worked out how to clear, but cant get a letter to work.I want to start with a C, but either get Cab or Cc!

Puckrox

Reaction score
What kind of phone do you have? It varies from phone to phone. If it's like the phone I used to have, then this might be how it works. In order to get to C press the ABC button. There should be a Next button somewhere on your phone. Once A pops up, push Next. Then it'll give you B, and then, finally, C. That might be how it works... but again, it varies from phone to phone.

There's a reason when my dad told me our plan is ending soon that I refuse to have a phone that doesn't have a qwerty keyboard. They're so convenient.

muppetperson

Reaction score
What kind of phone do you have? It varies from phone to phone. If it's like the phone I used to have, then this might be how it works. In order to get to C press the ABC button. There should be a Next button somewhere on your phone. Once A pops up, push Next. Then it'll give you B, and then, finally, C. That might be how it works... but again, it varies from phone to phone.

There's a reason when my dad told me our plan is ending soon that I refuse to have a phone that doesn't have a qwerty keyboard. They're so convenient.
It is a Nokia flip phone.I have seem to have found a way to work it now,but it is a long way.I press options and it gives a menu, including "insert word" so I type the word there and then send it to the message pad.Then I have to go back and select "insert number' to get numbers.There is also an "insert symbols" so maybe that is where I look for all the stuff like comas,full stop, question mark etc.It is a lot of going back and forth!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I suggest the same boring, annoying suggestion my dad makes every time anyone in the family gets a new electronic device of any kind...

Read the owner's manual.

I'm not going to tell you to read the darn thing cover to cover, because that is PAINFUL, but the point of an owner's manual is to tell you everything you need to know about how to use your phone, so it is a handy thing to keep around. If you've lost your owner's manual, you can probably find it online. Check the Nokia website.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Typically, one of the two selection buttons that are next to the big middle enter button delete stuff. On my phone, (pantech impact), on the front touch screen, its the right selection button. I have had nokia phones though and I beleive it is one of those two selection buttons. They are usually above the answer and hang up buttons.

Typing a number usually works by just holding the number key down, though most phones cycle through to the number if you keep pressing it

Making punctuation is usually assigned to the 1. pressing it once is typically a period and it just cycles through as you press it. Most phones have an insert symbol option that you can select it from there too.

On my phone to make a capital letter you press the pound button, though there is probably an option to chance the case in the texting menu

Spaces are usually the 0, but I've seen weird phones use the star too

you can use the direction pad to move the cursor around

Of course, I dont have the your phone in front of me so I could be wrong