What are the Weirdest Christmas Specials you've ever seen?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Inspired by the movies post, I thought I'd like to take a crack at this...

Some of these are technically Christmas Episodes, but I count them.

Earthworm Jim: For Whom the Jingle Bell Tolls

Queen Slug for a Butt kidnaps Santa Claus in an effort to replace his jolliness with evil, only to find out that Santa is really the Norse god of punishment.

Billy and Mandy Save Christmas

A Gilbert Gottfried voiced Santa gets turned into a vampire by Mrs. Claus. All I need to say.

A Snow White Christmas

Filmation's first attempt at unofficially sequeling a Disney version of a fairy tale. In this version, Snow White's daughter wants to turn the Wicked Queen's castle into a Christmas attraction... but the queen isn't exactly dead and freezes everyone but Snow White Jr. who winds up stumbling upon the 7 Friendly GIANTS (6 of them voiced by Arte Johnson)... and in the end, Hicky, the hiccuping giant (take a wild guess who that's a ripoff of) hiccups the wicked queens castle down.

We Wish you a Turtle Christmas
Mainly for that BAD gift Donatello gets Master Splinter...

but also for the fact it's just terrible and pointless.

Every Christmas Episode of American Dad

(These go to prove that AD is a billion times better than FG)

Year 1- Stan goes back in time to kill Jane Fonda to stop modern liberalism and therefore stopping the PC term "Happy Holidays" but gets sidetracked and winds up causing Walter Mondale to be elected in 1984.

Year 2- Stan tries to find the perfect tree and winds up dying, ultimately breaking into Heaven to get God to resurrect his family.

Year 3 (weirdest yet) The Rapture Happens...

Year 4- Steve accidentally shoots what he thinks is a Mall Santa, but when it turns out its the real one, Santa has it out for the Smith family.

Year 5- Hayley and Jeff adopt a spawn of Satan, Stan beats up Roger, who got the part of Jesus in a nativity scene, gets excommunicated from Christianity, and has to destroy the demon baby to get back in.

A Cosmic Christmas
A weird short cartoon from Nelvana about 3 robotic aliens who are trying to find out what Christmas is from humans. I forget 90% of the details because I haven't seen it in years, but trust me... it's pretty weird.

And I don't know if this counts, but my friend SWORE for years there's some old cartoon where scribbly characters have to save Christmas and they end up in a cave... and then his video tape broke.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Probably The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus from Rankin & Bass. Every time I see the beginning I just think, "What the heck am I watching?????" Lol

Slackbot

Reaction score
Santa Claus, a Mexican film in which Santa battles a demon who is trying to get children to do evil. It is amazingly, wonderfully freaky, and made for a great MST3K episode.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Santa Claus, a Mexican film in which Santa battles a demon who is trying to get children to do evil. It is amazingly, wonderfully freaky, and made for a great MST3K episode.
Lol, I almost included that one. I do like watching the Mst3k version very year. :halo:

Yorick

Reaction score
I know it's been mentioned before, but it must be "Santa Claus Conquers The Martians"! When I was little, I just accepted the whole premise, and didn't even question it at all. I liked it well enough. However, I didn't feel the need to watch it again, since I wasn't thrilled by it, since it's slow at times.

My view of it now is that it's a wild time capsule that seems older than it actually is. It's still slow at times, but I love it!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I know it's been mentioned before, but it must be "Santa Claus Conquers The Martians"! When I was little, I just accepted the whole premise, and didn't even question it at all. I liked it well enough. However, I didn't feel the need to watch it again, since I wasn't thrilled by it, since it's slow at times.

My view of it now is that it's a wild time capsule that seems older than it actually is. It's still slow at times, but I love it!
You know I love that one just because the actors take it so seriously despite the campiness, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't know if I'd count movies... but heh... movies can count.

I forgot a couple when writing it, strangely enough one of the examples was the reason I started this thread.

Invader Zim: The Most Horrible X-Mas Ever
Invader Zim... no explanation necessary.

Twas the Bumpy Before Christmas
The rare Bump in the Night Christmas Special (possible series finale). Mr. Bumpy tries to steal Santa's bag of gifts, and along the way meets a worm (Cheech Marin) who wants to conquer the world but can't, because he has no arms, and a Humming Bird who wants a jet pack so she doesn't have to have a high metabolism to have to rapidly flap her wings. Weird musical numbers (including the WEIRDEST Dreidle Song I've ever heard or seen), and Santa's elite force of militant snowmen make it a lot stranger than that even sounds.

I also want to give honorable mention to both Futurama Christmas specials. Murderous Santabot, obviously.

mr3urious

Reaction score
You know I love that one just because the actors take it so seriously despite the campiness, lol.
Fun fact: Dropo the martian was played by Bill McCutcheon, who also played Uncle Wally on Sesame Street.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------------
A good friend of mine showed me a strange early-'60s film called "The Christmas Tree" or "When Wolves Cry" which she swears a local tv station used to show at Xmastime every year when she was a kid; I finally tracked down a copy on vhs and burned it to dvd for her, and watching it, had to say, "They thought this was an appropriate film for Christmas? Seriously??" It concerns a kid and his widower dad who are in the Bikini Islands when the US sets off A-bomb tests. The dad is UNDERWATER and so DOESN'T come down with radiation poisoning but the kid does! (HUH?) Then the rest of the film is about the dad granting his dying child's every wish (a pony, a vacation in a French castle in the countryside, etc) which culminates in the dad stealing some "rare blue wolves" from a zoo to give to the boy...and then the kid dies! End of film. Completely pointless tearjerker.
------------------

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember seeing the Star Wars Holiday Special as a kid and it was totally weird. They were all celebrating a holiday called, "Life Day." And it mostly involved the lives of Chewbacca's family that consists of his wife, son, and Dad. And it had crazy musical numbers from celebrities like Bea Arthur and the Star Wars heroes in a weird animated story.