1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

What Are You Currently Playing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Flaky Pudding, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

This thread is for video games you are currently playing. I'm playing Torchlight which is an adventure RPG set in a steampunk fantasy setting. In my opinion, it's so much better than Diablo (which I'm not that big of a fan of, it seems quite outdated, to be honest). But anyway, it is where you make a character and a pet who fight through hordes of monsters, undead, animals, demons, mechanic beasts, spiders, trolls, and all kinds of other spooky stuff to save a town and defeat an evil wizard named Alric. It reminds me of the Fate series, which I'm also a big fan of:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  2. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

Can I resurrect this? I'm surprised we don't have a general gaming thread; I know we have the Switch one, but that dies all the time (Direct tomorrow! - fingers crossed for Mario Maker 2).

So the big one is Kingdom Hearts 3, which is absolutely gorgeous, but I also picked up some old weird games from the record exchange, being Muppet Monster Adventure, Toy Story (SNES) and Rascal (pictured in my avatar).

It's kind of funny: Muppet Monster Adventure is like some hybrid between Spyro (which I have been playing the Reignited Trilogy as well) and Rascal (not a good game - tank controls a la Tomb Raider; no bueno for a 3D platformer inspired by Mario 64); Robin's got his ray gun akin to the Rascal character. Otherwise, it's a total ripoff of Spyro. My biggest gripe is it does not take advantage of the Muppet license at all: a lot of generic enemies and music that could've came from anywhere, but it is still a very solid collectathon that reeks of the time.

So yeah, a lot of weird overlay in the games I've been playing as most of them (even Toy Story) were developed by the same companies (Traveller's Tales & Psygnosis).

Schfifty likes this.
  3. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

Right now, I am playing a ROM hack of Super Mario 64 called Super Mario 64: The Green Stars, which I started several months ago and still have yet to finish. Definitely a fun game! Higher star count, different premise, new levels...pretty up to par with Star Road.

4. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Mostly Spyro reignited. I've beaten the first two games and now just cleaning up some missing eggs that I didn't get yet in 3. Those speedway races are going to be the death of me. I swear i do not remember them being this brutally hard in the original games

Also been playing spiderman a lot

5. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Wizard101 and Pirate101.