What are you Thankful For?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
November is a time of reflection, and a time for giving thanks for the many things we have in our lives. It is a time of people gathering together and share what is on there hearts and minds, and enjoying one another's company. It is also a time of family, food and football, all of which are meant to bring people together and be thankful. Let us not also forget the shopping the hustling and bustling crowds of people that will flock the stores, looking for that perfect gift for there loved ones.
Yes November starts a wonderful time of the year, and I thought what a better way to kick off this wonderful month, and season with a thread of giving thanks. So I ask my Muppet Central friends, What are you Thankful for?

I'll start:

The first thing I am thankful for is my wife Charlotte. Any woman who can handle my silliness on a daily bases, and take care of 6 kids is truly a strong woman. With out her I don't know where I would be, but I do know that my life would be a lot darker. She loves me, and shows me she does every day just by being here with me everyday. For that I am truly thankful.

Bridget

Reaction score
I am very much thankful for my family as always, but also my closest companions. It is extremely difficult to find a trustworthy, understanding, and most of all, loving friend nowadays. I have been ever so lucky enough to have such an excellent best friend in my life every day, to guide me.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
My wife Sharon, who has known me for almost 20 years now (married for 13) , been with me through sickness and health, and we've grown closer the more we let God into our lives.

And my best friend Nancy, artistic collaborator, puppet-builder, inker and painter, who helped bring a number of ideas into focus. And it's wonderful my wife and best friend are great friends as well. Both of them have a tremendous love and understanding and I'm blessed to have both of them in my life.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I am thankful for my friends & family, and I am very thankful for all the sweet cats in this world. One main reason why I'm thankful for all the sweet cats in this world is because of the fact that my black cat Nubey was one of them. He was quite a silly cat. He was declawed, and was quite playful. He loved being held, loved being brushed, he also loved to talk to me.
He & I would hold short conversations, and he was very expressive. One thing that I loved about him the most was that he was (and currently is) the ONLY cat in my family to give me hugs. I remember that first hug he gave me as if it happened yesterday. This happened anywhere between just hours after he got used to me to within a day of getting used to me. I remember the look on his face. He came up to me, greeted me with a sweet chirpy meow, and hugged me. I'll never forget how I felt when it happened. I felt that his feelings towards me had taken over me, and I literally looked at him in utter disbelief. I was shocked beyond belief. After that, he rubbed against my legs, purred in my ear, and gave me kisses. I will never forget that moment. I was in my Junior year of high school when it happened. It took him less than a week to get used to me & my grandparents. He was indeed a lap cat. He would kiss me like there was no tomorrow, and he'd do the same thing as far as "kneading" goes. He made me laugh all the time, and seeing him put a smile to my face, and put a warm fuzzy feeling in my heart. I had gone to visit my family in Mobridge, SD during the summer at some point a few years ago, and I can't remember if my grandma had called me, or if I called her, but she did say that my cats missed me. When I came back home, both of my cats (Nubey, and my orange/white cat named Chico) were very happy to have me home. They missed me, and the night I was back home, they both slept in bed with me.

I am very thankful to be in a pinball league. For quite a long time, there was only one company in the world that made pinball machines (located in Chicago, IL, which isn't far from me), but in the last 3 or 4 years, pinball has made a huge comeback. There's a pinball machine called "The Wizard of Oz" by Jersey Jack pinball that has a huge video screen. Then there's something called P-ROC. If you go HERE, you'll find out a LOT more about this amazing technology. Anyway, back to talking about my pinball league. I have done an extremely amazing job this year. In April, I did something NO-ONE on the league had ever done before. I had to play 5 games in a row in one night, and one of them I had to play twice. I ended up winning all 5 of them. I won a total of 35 points for doing so, and I posted some UNBELIEVABLE scores (and about maybe 3 or 2 of them were "run-away" scores, which means that I posted some incredible scores that were tough to beat, and I had 3 people on my team that night!) and this was within week 6 to week 8 of the spring session for this year when it happened. We usually have a 10 week session every spring & fall.

If you're curious about the 35 points I won in April of this year during one of the league meetings, this is how it works: Usually, we have teams of 4 people each. So basically, 1st gets 7 points, 2nd gets 5, 3rd gets 3, and 4th only gets 1 if there's a 4 person team. If a team consists of 3 people, 1st gets 7 points, but 2nd gets 4 and 3rd gets only 1. The missing team member has a week to make up their games and send their scores to our league founder. If they don't they lose the points for the week.

We had our final spring league tournament on April 30th of this year. I remember being in a very happy mood when I woke up. I knew that even though I wasn't sure of how well I was going to do, I felt that everyone on the league was a winner. But, there's something you won't believe........ I was in 2nd place in division B going into the final tournament (and it always takes a few hours because of double elimination) and I made it about halfway through before I was eliminated once. Then, one of the most amazing moments of my entire life happened...... Division B was almost finished, and there were only 2 people left standing... A friend of mine named Molly, and ME! (DUN DUN........ DUNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I couldn't believe that I was forced into what I like to call an "AUTOMATIC WIN" situation. The reason why I had considered this as an automatic win situation is because of the fact that Molly & I were going to play for 1st & 2nd place for the B division. We both had to play 2 sets of 2 games each. I won the first 2 games, and my friend Molly had said she was somewhat scared of me. She couldn't believe how tough I was. I then won the 3rd game. Then it came to the final game. Within minutes, either Molly or I was going to become the Division B champion for the spring season. I thought to myself "You know what Nathan? You've fought a hard fight! You're an automatic winner no matter what.", and I decided, out of pure sportsmanship, to give my friend Molly the first place win. We both shook hands, and inside my brain, all sorts of sirens, buzzers & alarms were going off. I couldn't believe that I had my first ever automatic win in the history of me playing pinball. I was very excited, and proud of myself. Everyone who was still there were so happy for me & Molly. A lot of people are proud of the hard work I put in for the spring season. The fall season is just about over, and I think I have a chance to do it ALL over again!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow that is some thankful list! I have always been interested in pinball as a game, but never that good at it. Way to go on doing so well with your league!

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Thanks! I feel really special being part of the league. I LOVE pinball, and one of my dreams is to have an arcade somewhere with classic video games & pinball machines from around the 80s to today's games, and a restaurant of some kind to add to the arcade. I'd definitely want it to be family friendly. A snack machine & pop machine would be added to the arcade in case someone was in the mood for a snack to replenish their gaming brain. The games would be at least 50 cents, but no more than a dollar.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
At the moment, I think tomorrow is week 9. Usually we go for 10 weeks as I originally said, but there are some places in town we haven't been to yet, so we might end up extending our league for a few weeks. If this indeed happens, I'll be extremely thankful for that.

By the way, if I had indeed won 1st in my division in April of this year, I would've not only won nearly at least 80 to 100 bucks in cash, a trophy, and a pinball related prize of my choice, I would've instantly also won a guaranteed spot in division A this season, but to me, having a forced "automatic win" is incredible. I'll never forget how I felt when I heard I was playing for 1st or 2nd place. It was so unbelievable, and I remember that, in my situation, if I had been a cartoon character like "Genie" from Disney's Aladdin", my jaw would've dropped to the ground, and you would've heard a huge "DONK!!!!!!" sound effect! (the first time I saw that, I nearly lost it! I was laughing like crazy!)

Anyhow, I truthfully am quite thankful to be in the league, and I also truthfully think that everyone in the league is a winner, no matter how you do.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I am Thankful for being a part of The Muppet Central Forums since 2003. I am also thankful for being a very small part in the Muppet world, with the old ask Jim Lewis thread.

lady piggy

Reaction score
I'm thankful to have such a wonderful and loving mother . She's done everything in her power to make sure that me and my two big sisters have food on ower plates and a roof over ower heads. And for that I'm and thankful to have her for my mother.I am also thankful to have my two sweet and sometimes irritating sisters. Both whom have loved and and taken care of me when mother is off to work. There adults now but still take the time out of there lives to see how I'm doing in life and especially in school . I love those two , sisters and best friends for life. Lastly I am thankful for my friends at school , and my bestie " Menny " my other half ,my sister from another mister lol and my sweet and kind MC friends , who are, like i said sweet and kind \(^_^)/