What are your fave Jim Henson directed film & why

BDuncan

Reaction score
What are your 3 personal favorite Jim Henson directed films (Muppet ones and non-Muppet ones) and please say why, for each ones named.

If this topic has been discussed here before, please give any links.

matleo

Reaction score
hi there,

welcome to the boards! I hate to welcome someone and then sounds like a jerk, but while that's a very good question for a thread there's a small flaw with it. you see, Jim only directed 3 films: Dark Crystal, Labyrinth and Great Muppet Caper. that's it! LOL

However if oyu want to know my favorite of those 3, great Muppet Caper. Always been one of my favorite films, probably always will be.

--Matt

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
matleo said:
you see, Jim only directed 3 films: Dark Crystal, Labyrinth and Great Muppet Caper. that's it! LOL
Actually Jim directed more than 3 films - he directed 3 theatrically released films, but also 9 short-films/TV-specials/mini-series/movies, and also did directoral work on 4 TV-shows.

Below is a full list of Jim's directorial credits. Most of the other Muppet/Henson projects he produced and performed in. Note: with some of the TV Series, Jim did not direct all the episodes of the series - only a some of them. And with most of the movies, Jim directed the whole thing, but some projects he co-directed (like Dark Crystal was Jim and Frank Oz)

Muppet*vision 3-D (1991)
"The Jim Henson Hour" (1989)*
"The Storyteller" (1987)*
Tale of the Bunny Picnic, The (1986)
Labyrinth (1986)
"Fraggle Rock" (1983)*
John Denver & the Muppets: Rocky Mountain Holiday (1982)
The Dark Crystal (1982)
The Great Muppet Caper (1981)
Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas (1977)
The Muppet Musicians of Bremen (1972
The Frog Prince (1972)
"Sesame Street" (1969)*
The Cube (1969)
Hey Cinderella (1969)
Time Piece (1965)