What are your favorite kind of Ghosts?

Drtooth

Reaction score
And I don't mean cartoon ones, so No Slimer or Casper, kay?

I really love these... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kasa-obake

The Kasa-obake, Japanese paper parasol ghosts typically with one eye and a tongue sticking out. I came to know of their existence because (as video games come from Japan) I've seen them in many games and wondered what they were. And here I was thinking the game programmers were CRAZY... :crazy:

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
My favorite ghost, is not really a ghost at all, but a phenomanal viewing that is mysteriously ghost-like.
http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_light
What makes the Ghost light special is that it's light that's in a place where light shouldn't be, like in the middle of the forest or floating on a river.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
You mean as in real, psychic ghosts? Well, I am a firm believer in the supernatural, and likewise in ghosts, and I didn't think they were such a good thing. I mean, they're not evil or bad in themselves or anything, but acording to most experts, a ghost is something which, if given the choice, you wouldn't want to be
That being said, I'm fascinated by them!

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Favorite ghost, huh?

Well, I've always been fascinated by supposed real-life hauntings and sightings. I enjoy those documentaries that air frequently on the Discovery/History/Travel channels that document haunted spots around the world.

My personal favorite ghost is the legendary hitchhiker. You're driving alone at night on a dark, deserted road, and you happen upon a girl, usually wearing a party dress. You feel sorry for her, so you stop and pick her up. She tells you her address. She tells you she was at a party, and left alone, but she doesn't really want to talk much, and you don't pry. You're concentrating on the dark road, when finally you come to the address the girl told you to drop her off at. You turn to her...and she's gone! You get out of the car, and knock on the door of the house. An old woman answers. You tell her about your mysterious passenger. "Yes," says the old woman. "That was my daughter. She was run over on that road walking home from a party twenty years ago."

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
Favorite ghost, huh?

Well, I've always been fascinated by supposed real-life hauntings and sightings. I enjoy those documentaries that air frequently on the Discovery/History/Travel channels that document haunted spots around the world.

My personal favorite ghost is the legendary hitchhiker. You're driving alone at night on a dark, deserted road, and you happen upon a girl, usually wearing a party dress. You feel sorry for her, so you stop and pick her up. She tells you her address. She tells you she was at a party, and left alone, but she doesn't really want to talk much, and you don't pry. You're concentrating on the dark road, when finally you come to the address the girl told you to drop her off at. You turn to her...and she's gone! You get out of the car, and knock on the door of the house. An old woman answers. You tell her about your mysterious passenger. "Yes," says the old woman. "That was my daughter. She was run over on that road walking home from a party twenty years ago."
Ooh! This story is big in Chicago! Her name is Resurrection Mary. I even did a report on her in computer's class last year.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Ooh! This story is big in Chicago! Her name is Resurrection Mary. I even did a report on her in computer's class last year.
Yes! That's her name! I completely forgot it. Thanks for shaking my memory loose.:smile:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Favorite ghost, huh?

Me too! Although, when it comes to Most Haunted and Ghost Hunters, Ghost Hunters is way better. The most haunted people seem really unprofessional, and generally dont prove anything

As for a favorite type of ghost, I dont have one. I find all ghosts interesting:smirk:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Um... Do boos from Super Mario Bros. count?
No. I meant non-cartoon ghosts that are either "real" (which is debatable) or mythologic (like in cultural ghost stories).

Yeah. I heard that one too. I could see Quagmire in his car picking her up and saying "Wonder what it's like with a dead chick! Giggidy Giggidy Giddidy Ghost!"

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
You mean as in real, psychic ghosts? Well, I am a firm believer in the supernatural, and likewise in ghosts, and I didn't think they were such a good thing. I mean, they're not evil or bad in themselves or anything, but acording to most experts, a ghost is something which, if given the choice, you wouldn't want to be
That being said, I'm fascinated by them!
I myself am one too.
I am a alien/supernatural/ ect. believer but because from what I've studied of them. I suspect I even saw one but then again it could have just been white dust flying about or possible signs of insanity. : )