What Are Your Favorite Sit-Coms?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I guess I'm spinning off the cartoon thread on this one, but I thought it might be fun. I've whiled away many an hour watching sit-coms, and I particularly like all the Nick at Nite classics: "Gilligan's Island," "Bewitched," "I Dream of Jeannie," "The Monkees," "The Brady Bunch," "Get Smart"... man, when we got Nickelodeon and they had their Block Party with six episodes in one night, we were glued to that TV! I think Gilligan's probably about the catchiest theme song ever, though they all seem to have maddeningly hummable melodies.

I also like a lot of the TGIF-type shows. I loved Balky Bartokamous (or however his name was spelled) from "Perfect Strangers," and I enjoyed all those family shows like "The Cosby Show" and its not-quite-as-good-but-still-fun successors such as "Full House" and "Family Matters."

My all-time favorite, though, is on a totally different level than any of the others. I consider it a sit-com because it's half an hour long and has audience laughter, but it's very different from just about anything else. I absolutely love "M*A*S*H," which is kinda funny since I hate war movies. But I think it's one of the funniest and simultaneously moving shows ever written. And Radar, that cute and cuddly and indispensable clerk (not to mention the namesake for Big Bird's teddy bear), is probably my favorite live-action television character ever. :flirt:

Well, that's enough ramblin' for one post. Anybody else? :smile:
Erin

janicegroupie

Reaction score
I absolutly love Seinfeld especially the episode with George's answering machine message. If anyone knows what I'm talking about you too know how hillarious it is. Or maybe it's just me. But yeah that my favorite sitcom. :flirt:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
hmm I like

Everybody Loves Raymond

and any old sitcom...Mr. Ed has got to be my all time fave, I laugh every time I see it, for no reason at all...... :smirk:

Luke

Reaction score
OK, i really love sitcoms and cartoons so there'll be quite a few :-

ALF
NewsRadio
Roseanne
Step By Step
Mork & Mindy
Happy Days
Out Of This World
Will & Grace
Frasier
That 70's Show
The Larry Sanders Show
The Addams Family
The Munsters
Fawlty Towers

...... and the list goes on and on, including loads of obscure British ones that you wouldn't have heard of !

electricmayhem

Reaction score
janicegroupie said:
I absolutly love Seinfeld especially the episode with George's answering machine message. If anyone knows what I'm talking about you too know how hillarious it is. Or maybe it's just me. But yeah that my favorite sitcom. :flirt:

Ha!! I love that one, and I know someone who uses it as his cell phone voice mail message:smile:

Anyway, my favorite sitcoms include:
-Friends
-Seinfeld
-Scrubs
-Will and Grace
-The Cosby Show
-Boy Meets World (pre college years)
-Growing Pains
-Happy Days
-Gilmore Girls (not the traditional sitcom but it sure is funny!)

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
electricmayhem said:
Ha!! I love that one, and I know someone who uses it as his cell phone voice mail message:smile:
Is that the "Believe it or not, George isn't at home" song? My brother has been singing that all week...
Erin

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Is that the "Believe it or not, George isn't at home" song? My brother has been singing that all week...
Erin
Yep, that's it :smile: "Where could he be? Believe it or not, I'm not home" Heehee!

I also meant to add Spin City-the Mike years to my list.

somethingofafan

Reaction score
I enjoy lots of sitcoms. In no particular order:

Happy Days (although it lost something when Richie left, and the year they spun Joanie Loves Chachi off into a separate series was a HUGE mistake)
The Cosby Show
Home Improvement
Full House (especially when I was younger and it was first on)
MASH
Bewitched (I even know the words to the theme song) :sing:
Designing Women

SillyJoeBob

Reaction score
My fave sitcoms

There's only two I really watch (and they're on the same channel):

- "The Simpsons" :smile:

- "Malcolm In the Middle"

SillyJoeBob

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
My ultimate all time favorite is "Bewitched". I have every episode on tape and I am impatiently awaiting the day that Columbia/Tri-star releases them on video.

My other favorites are as follows:

I Dream of Jeannie
The Munsters
Simpsons
That 70's Show
Will and Grace
M*A*S*H

So far only three of those shows have hit DVD.....man, I wish Bewitched would hurry and make it's debut!