What are you're favorite animated movies

Drtooth

Reaction score
We already have a thread on animated series, so what are your favorite PURE animation movies. They have to be 100% animation. So no cross over things like Chipmunks, Roger Rabbit, or Looney Tunes BIA.

I'll begin:

Disney
The Jungle Book- gotta love Balloo and Louie.
Pinochio-one of my favorite of the truely classic animated films
Aladdin- Robin Williams and Gilbert Gottfried? You gots a classic right there, buddy boy.
The Lion King- Especially Timon and Puumbaa
Lady and the Tramp- loved it as a kid
Emperor's New Groove- Definately underrated, and a nice change of pace for Disney, I feel, though others don't.
Lilo and Stitch- Something about a psychotic alien being lovable... now that was really something.
Ducktales the Movie- Come on, I have to get this one on here.
Goofy Movie- I just love the father son bonding in this coming of age tale
Recess: School's Out- The "Teacher! Leave those kid's Alone" reference kills me every time
Teacher's Pet- Underrated. Very underrated. it works great by itself, but a fabulous finale to the TV show.
The Nightmare Before Christmas- and I liked this years before it truely caught on

Pixar
Toy Story 2- I just can't watch Toy Story 1 and feel the same way about it, after seeing this. Definately what a sequal should be
Monsters Inc- great concpet, great looking characters, great voice acting (with a surprise appearance from Frank Oz)
Incredibles- I've seen Superhero parodies my entire life, but this one really nails it in a way I never saw coming.
Ratatoullie- just absolutely breathtaking, and not dumbed down to appeal to kids. Why, the main human character gets drunk off of wine at one point.

Dreamworks
Shrek 2-The best of the trillogy, I feel. i liked the first one, but the second one really took it in a funny direction
Madagascar- I don't even know why, but this just had appeal I didn't see until I finally saw it.
Over the Hedge- My favorite so far. Very low key and it had some of the spirit of the original comics it was based off of.

other
Wallace and Grommit in Attack of the Wererabbit- I loved the claymation duo for years, and wated forever for this film to be made. But I think it was well worth the wait.
Asterix in Britain- I've been told by a lot of members of the Asterix fan base that this was the best one. I agree.
the 12 Tasks of Asterix- an original concept not based on the comics, a loose parody of the 12 tasks of Hercules with very bizzare tasks-which include getting a specific form inside the bureaucracy that drives you mad.
TMNT- the best TMNT movie since the first one. And it didn't just rehash the original origen either.
Kinnikuman: Trouble in New York- well, it isn't technically my favorite Kinnikuman movie, but it's the only one I know the name of.
Dragon Ball- Mystic Adventure- for the simple reason that it has a brief cross over with Dr. Slump characters.
Crayon Shin-Chan: let's Dance Amigo!- Quite obviously the weirdest film I've ever seen except for-
Yellow Submarine- and not just because I'm a Beatles fan, either. Intricate animated sequences like Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, and such memorable trippy sequences really make this film stand out from other animated films.

DTV
Bender's Big Score- While I'm disappointed Futurama didn't come back as a TV show, I found the movies so far to have a lot of promise. Plus, we finally get to see the Hannukah Zombie.

Family Guy: Stewie Griffen, the untold story- Not technically a movie by any stretch, but it was marketed that way. Plsu, i'm loving the Thundercats cut scene.

Inspector Gadget's Biggest Case Ever- much better than Inspector gadget's last case, and much, much better than the 2 live action Disney produced films. Though I will say, I wish they got more of the original cast to participate. That and they got the rights to use the real theme song.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wooo! I could give you an ENDLESS list, I kid you not! BUT, here's a partial list of some of my favorites...

- Finding Nemo
- Happy Feet (does that count even though there are some actual live-action humans in it at the end?)
- Ice Age
- The Incredibles
- Lilo and Stitch
- Monster's, Inc.
- Over the Hedge
- Ratatouille
- Shrek
- Shrek 2
- Shrek the Third
- Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-rabbit

- Rock-a-Doodle
- The Chipmunk Adventure
- The Aristocats
- Toy Story
- Toy Story 2
- A Goofy Movie
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame
- An American Tail
- An American Tail: Fievel Goes West

just to name a few.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
The Secret of NIMH - IMO, this is Don Bluth's best work. Beautiful writing, excellent voice casting and work and a masterful score by Jerry Goldsmith. It can't get much better than that.

The Last Unicorn - One of the most faithful book-to-movie adaptations I've ever seen. The animation by Rankin/Bass just enhances the story. Now all that needs to happen is for Peter Beagle to get his restitution from Granada Media.

Spirited Away - It's an Academy Award-winning picture, people, come on! This is Hayao Miyazaki at his best. If ever there was a candidate for "Perfect Introduction to Anime", Spirited Away would be in the top five, if not first on the list.

The Good, The Bad and Huckleberry Hound - I'll admit it, I'm a sucker for those Hanna-Barbera TV movies that put all of the classic characters into different situations, but this by far is my favorite of the bunch. It's a wonderful send-up/parody of the old spaghetti westerns, with Huck Hound in the title role. And not only does Huck get the lead in this story, but he also (finally) gets the girl. It was also Daws Butler's farewell performance, as he passed away either shortly before or shortly after the movie was aired. And it was a great way for him to go out.

-Kim

anytimepally

Reaction score
The Secret of NIMH - IMO, this is Don Bluth's best work. Beautiful writing, excellent voice casting and work and a masterful score by Jerry Goldsmith. It can't get much better than that.
I hated this movie, because they changed Mrs. Frisby's name to Mrs. Brisby.. a small change, perhaps, but it was my favorite book back then, and I was a bitter child :grouchy:

anytimepally

Reaction score
Aladdin
Lady and the Tramp
The Emperor's New Groove
Bambi

A Boy Named Charlie Brown
Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown
Snoopy, Come Home

The Last Unicorn
The Secret of the Sword
Titan A.E.
Annabelle's Wish

And anything by Will Vinton :super:

Xerus

Reaction score
I always liked..

Alice in Wonderland(Disney version)
The Sword in the Stone
Animalympics
Aladdin
Cars

These were movies that stuck in my head for the longest times.

Pork

Reaction score
Lion King
Aladin
Mulan
Aristocats
Treasure Planet

Monsters Inc. (Keep the doors coming Charlie, I'm on a roll today)
Toy Story and Toy Story 2

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Well then here's the remainder of the contents of my Osamu Tezuka DVD collection vaults: Black Jack, Jungle Emperor Leo, Space Firebird 2772, Metropolis and the Experimental Films, 13 of his short animated theatrical movies, although two of them do have live-action mixed in with them.