What became of syndication?

Xerus

Reaction score
It seems like today's syndiacted cartoons are now being shown on cable networks like Cartoon Network and Disney Channel.

Shows like Sitting Ducks, Krypto, Hamtaro, YuGiOh GX, Code Lyoko, Kim Possible, and Lilo and Stitch The Series would've probably have been on regular channels back in the old days. But now they're Cartoon Network and Disney Channel shows.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think that's true, I was surprised when Yu Gi Oh GX was put almost exclusively on Cartoon Network (though I didn't like it as much as the original).

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I would like to point out that syndicated programming is different depending on the area, so just because a few local stations have sucky syndicated/ local programming doesn't mean that all local stations have horrible shows at syndicated hours.
I guess your right, but I also guess that it's just a matter of what you like and don't like to whatch.:smirk:

Yu Gi Oh, now there's a booooooing show!!!:rolleyes:

Drtooth

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I would like to point out that syndicated programming is different depending on the area, so just because a few local stations have sucky syndicated/ local programming doesn't mean that all local stations have horrible shows at syndicated hours.

Yeah..,. but it's all in my area. They run certain Judge and Talk shows twice a day too. For 6 solid hours it's 2 Greg Barrets, 2 Maury Povich's, and 2 Springers. You can't just watch them ONCE? I wouldn't complain, but being unemployed with no cable... it's torture.

>>It seems like today's syndiacted cartoons are now being shown on cable networks like Cartoon Network and Disney Channel.

Shows like Sitting Ducks, Krypto, Hamtaro, YuGiOh GX, Code Lyoko, Kim Possible, and Lilo and Stitch The Series would've probably have been on regular channels back in the old days. But now they're Cartoon Network and Disney Channel shows.<<

The thing that gets me is that there aren't as many cable cartoon channels as people think they are. Nick has 2, Disney has 2, CN has 2... basically 6, but usually basic cable only gets you three. Not to mention DIsney is almost exclusively tween-coms, Nick has 4 hours hijacked by crappy preschool shows, and CN does the same, I've heard (Unless Tickle U has been canned). No one wants to take chances with cartoons on syndication becasue of the overwhelming competition between 3 channels. FOx used to have it, and got rid of it when they aired nothing but Power Rangers... Kids WB had it, but killed it with endless reruns of Saturday Morning cartoons that didn't have enough shows to be seen twice a day, everyday. It's pathetic.

>>Yu Gi Oh, now there's a booooooing show!!!<<

The artwork is goog, and I have respect for comic artists around the world... but I HATE me Yu-Gi-Oh! Oddly enough, my new favorite Japanese show is Bobobobo Bobobo, and the guy who wrote that LOVES it. Funny how that works out.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Have you ever seen the Japanese version of Yu Gi Oh! ? It's a much deeper show in Japan, it's very dumbed now in the States (what else is new? lol)

Drtooth

Reaction score
But wait, there's more!

Guess what. A year has gone by and take a wild guess.... THERE'S a Freaking nother one.

Judge David Young.

And guess what makes him different. he's white, a male, and wears glasses.

Yup! Just like the ad, he is totally original. Why i watched it and guess what. The hot headed moron suing the other hot headed moron gave some baseless accusation, and Judge David Young, being as original as possible... GAVE A SNAPPY COMEBACK! WOW!

original is right. :rolleyes:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Aw, I'm sorry judge shows are my guilty pleasure, I enjoy watching lol. But yeah I agree, I don't see why we need so many.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wanna smack you with a wet fish for saying that,.... :wink:

How much milk can they get from this cow? We really only need like... 3 tops. There's just so many. It's like the Hydra. You cut of one head, and 9 more grow in its place. Difference between last year and this year? i have a computer, and I can watch whaterver I want now.

I really hope someone gets the message. the only way to make an original court show is to take 2 calm headed people and have them sue each other with a Judge who respects the law and doesn;'t try to make it a joke.