What became of syndication?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Heh, well we all have our interests. :wink:

Yeah I don't think we need so many. Though I don't see them as all the same; I will avoid one judge over another purely due to their personalities, heh. But yeah, I feel like justice is not taken seriously on those shows, it's all about the shock factor.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of judge shows...eventually they all blur together for me. I really can't tell the difference between one or the other at this point.

But I have to say, I did find Mills Lane amusing...in small doses, lol!

Drtooth

Reaction score
But I have to say, I did find Mills Lane amusing...in small doses, lol!
I liked Mills Lane better as a referee in Celebrity Death Match.

But yeah, they all blur together because they are the same exact show. Even if you like them, there shouldn't be like 100000000000 of them.

I wonder. how come these companies didn't sue each other for clearly stealing someone else's idea just to make money off of it? Copywrites are so confusing.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well I'm not too familiar with the specific copyright laws, but that's always been true in entertainment (even before TV). There has always been room for similar shows. I guess it depends on how specifically similar you get. But I mean, let's say one person writes an episode for a TV show about amnesia. That doesn't mean no one else can ever write an amnesia episode ever again. (God knows that has NOT been the case! Lol)

Drtooth

Reaction score
On another note, I think that Jerry Springer either quit his own show or gave Steve his own show.

The only Steve I wanna see on TV is this Steve!

travellingpat

Reaction score
Ive seen Jerry on interviews and he seems not to like his show....i knows its junk and hes not really proud of the show so its possible that he quit.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ive seen Jerry on interviews and he seems not to like his show....i knows its junk and hes not really proud of the show so its possible that he quit.

Or he pretends to not be proud of it.

Then again I didn't believe Bob Sagat could take an adult edge... then I saw a bit of the Aristocrats.... wow.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Then again I didn't believe Bob Sagat could take an adult edge... then I saw a bit of the Aristocrats.... wow.
Saget's been waving his "adult" street cred for years. I remember during the height of Full House, he and Dave Coulier did a stand-up act that came to my state. The ad in the paper included a disclaimer that the show was definitely NOT for children. Whenever he appears on a talk show, he often lets it be known that he is not the wholesome character/personality he appeared to be on Full House or America's Funniest Home Videos. When he hosted SNL in the 90s (during perhaps the show's worst season ever, when it was on the brink of cancellation, 1994-1995), he "jokingly" mocked Full House and the Olsen twins.

I haven't seen The Aristocrats, but I've read plenty of reviews that singled out Saget's take on the joke. He dropped the F-bomb in his recent HBO special about every five seconds. Why? It certainly didn't make the jokes any funnier. It wasn't shocking. It was just dull and lame. He seemed like a giddy little kid who is so happy to use adult language, he just repeats it and repeats it ad nauseum.