What became of syndication?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I haven't seen The Aristocrats, but I've read plenty of reviews that singled out Saget's take on the joke. He dropped the F-bomb in his recent HBO special about every five seconds. Why? It certainly didn't make the jokes any funnier. It wasn't shocking. It was just dull and lame. He seemed like a giddy little kid who is so happy to use adult language, he just repeats it and repeats it ad nauseum.
Actually, the Aristocrats stuff actually made me squeamish. And I'm totally desensitised to everything. Let's say I would NOT recomended it unless you are over 21.

I did love his "Danny Tanner was not Gay" song, though. Compaired to his earlier stand up (which I have read in some Comic releif book) it actually is a bit funner. Still no George Carlin, though.

But I think Jerry Denouncing his own show is bullcrap. AS much as I complained about the Tony Danza talk show, Tony was the boss of Jerry, if you know what I mean. he may not be proud of it, but it made him a buttload of money. So, to the camera he might be trying to get a more "sophisticated audience" but at night he hugs his moneybags tight.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yuck! I just can't stand the site that has become syndicated television. it's just like at the point of no return.:stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Multi-freaking-headed hydra! That's what these ridiculously unnecessary and useless Judge shows are. Why we even need 2 or 3 is beyond me... but every season we seem to lose one, and gain 3 more.

This year we got Judge Karen and Family Court... Wow... it's just... wow...

And the worst part is, the new thing in these shows is to say that they're "different," when they couldn't be more the same if they were the same person doing the 15 shows by herself.

When the heck is this gonna end? WHEN? Are welfare cheats that stupid?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Syndication is now a broken record of garbage.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There might be a silver lining... but I have to wait until tomorrow to see if I'm correct. I doubt I am, but I have to double check to see if I'm right.

However, I'd like to point out (if Snowth is reading this) Ion television is rerunning M*A*S*H*... at least THEY know how to run syndication right.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Too bad ION is a seemingly local station, considering only select few places in my part of the U.S. gets it.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I don't know it it has reached most of the nation yet, but I could be wrong. But I agree that they get it right. And the sitcom reruns are being pushed out what left of them and being moved to cable.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But the cable stations don't even air the things they were intended to air (quality cartoons for Cartoon Network, classic Disney toons for Toon Disney [though I understand why that one's not going to work, because Toon Disney's rumored to get replaced with an all-Jetix channel], old-school sitcoms for Nick-at-Nite & TVLand, musical televised videos for MTV, actual Disney products for the Disney Channel, etc.).

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
But the cable stations don't even air the things they were intended to air
Well sometimes things change for better or worse... You can either except it or complain that it's not like it once was.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well sometimes things change for better or worse... You can either except it or complain that it's not like it once was.
Or you could somehow realize that corporations have changed things from the way they were intended.