What bothers me about Disney's ownership

Drtooth

Reaction score
Have you noticed that Disney owns Muppet Babies, but trots out stuff like Baby Pooh, Baby Mickey, and Baby Princess? I mean, they can't find any place for the original, but they have enough room for the cheap knockoffs?

BEAR

Reaction score
But it is only merchandise with those characters (Baby Mickey, Pooh, etc), not any actual television show in progress. They should atleast release the Muppet Babies on DVD or produce a new series with them.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Nope.They should not do that.They should just release the originals ones on DVD.Because In real life,Everything should be complete/Unedit because whichever show is made they should make things unedited because that's the way is should totally be.Especially When various companies are never suppose to tell any company who owns any tv shows. was originally owned by them or if the other company bought from the other company that features a whole lot of TV and Movie Clips that are not by Disney at all.They are not suppose to make the Disney make the stuff unedit because the shows made like that,Other people want to see it too.Especially if they have any recorded ones on video or ever the store copys of it.It's a little long story on how things should really be complete/unedit.what do you think? Besides they should air it on Playhouse Disney.:wink:

P.S.If they own the original,They should release them and not produce new series of them because they won't be as good as the older ones.Just like any other show of today.:smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
Dantecat said:
Nope.They should not do that.They should just release the originals ones on DVD.Because In real life,Everything should be complete/Unedit because whichever show is made they should make things unedited because that's the way is should totally be.Especially When various companies are never suppose to tell any company who owns any tv shows. was originally owned by them or if the other company bought from the other company that features a whole lot of TV and Movie Clips that are not by Disney at all.They are not suppose to make the Disney make the stuff unedit because the shows made like that,Other people want to see it too.Especially if they have any recorded ones on video or ever the store copys of it.It's a little long story on how things should really be complete/unedit.what do you think? Besides they should air it on Playhouse Disney.:wink:

P.S.If they own the original,They should release them and not produce new series of them because they won't be as good as the older ones.Just like any other show of today.:smile:
:confused:

Teheheman

Reaction score
That's the long way of saying that they should put the original show on DVD or play it on Playhouse Disney. With nothing cut out. More like having extra features or something like that.

Daniel

Drtooth

Reaction score
BEAR said:
But it is only merchandise with those characters (Baby Mickey, Pooh, etc), not any actual television show in progress. They should atleast release the Muppet Babies on DVD or produce a new series with them.
Actually... I MEANT merchandising. Merchandising would lead to a DVD release of some sort. The reason Disney didn't make any of those into shows is that no one will watch them. They tried to make Mickey Babies a cartoon a while back, but they never (thankfully) sold it. Baby Pooh is the most rediculous notion. I mean, aren't Pooh et al supposed to be plush toys? Wouldn't their infant forms be like, patterns or spools of fabric?

I mean, Warners did make that crappy Baby Looney tunes thing after years of having the merchandise. I mean, a Baby Taz on a bib isn't as frustraiting as an entire half hour series.

But Muppets started the whole "baby" trend leading to things like Tiny Toons and Pup named Scooby Doo ad nauseum (though those two were the best of the movement). I mean, even a nostalgia T-shirt somewhere besides Hot Topic... something like that.

BEAR

Reaction score
Remember The Flintstone Kids? That was a great show. I had all the toys too!

Teheheman

Reaction score
They jumped the shark on the Flintstones when they made a version of the "Future Flintstones" where Pebbles and Bam-Bam were teenagers.

Daniel

BEAR

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
They jumped the shark on the Flintstones when they made a version of the "Future Flintstones" where Pebbles and Bam-Bam were teenagers.

Daniel

Really? I actually really liked that show. I looked for it all the time on TV when I was a kid. It was just too perfect when they had Pebbles and Bam-Bam get married.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Teheheman said:

Daniel

Well... to be fair... Quality wise they jumped the shark on that exact one, but they made 3 or 4 more Saturday morning shows before Flintstone kids. Of course, that is, look at the state of Hanna Barbarra shows in the 70's... self ripoffs of their own Scooby Doo, ripoffs of the Archie Show, interwieving pointless fads into TV Shows (provided they made C.B. Bears), and randomly inserting old favorites into crappy space races or giving them top billing, but having them play second (or third) to a various array of crappy "grape Ape" type characters. They even had to ripoff their own Muttley for no other reason I could think of besides not having to pay Hetter Quigley for the character...even though their imput into Wacky Races has never been fully explained.

That said, anyone bother with Baby Felix? I was going to look it up on Youtube... but with the copywrite crackdown, I'd have to buy a 15$ dvd to see how much it sucks.