What Bugs Me About Muppets Tonight

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
I always feel like I'm at a disadvantage when the discussion is about Muppets Tonight. *mild self pity party* Do you know I only saw one episode even though I was continually looking for the show? I was a ready made show but could never figure out the time slot that MT was in.

So when you talk about Sal and Dr Phil and all the others, I can't even say I know anything about them. The crazy thing is, I was a ready made fan waiting for MT with anticipation and was never able to get on board. I don't know what the network expected when they did... well... whatever it was they did. What did they do? In my recollection, I know they changed from the advertisement, but unless I only saw the final episode, they changed it at least twice.

Guess what I'm tryin to say is, how do I see those episodes?

dwmckim

Reaction score
You're actually not alone.

The promotion for MT was so substandard that it's not that uncommon to hear of Major Muppet Fans having been either unaware of the show altogether during the time it was out or having missed it afterwards since they didn't hear it was on.

At least Disney Channel aired the show quite frequently for awhile afterwards so it sounds like you missed that too.

With all the TMS 25th anniversary hoopla, there's not much focus on MT at the moment so i don't expect any airings or releases soon - at least not until the JHC sale, so your best bet is tape trading with a fellow fan.

Ernie101

Reaction score
I know where to get some im getting them soon

doctort13

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the network (was it ABC?) kept changing the timeslot of the show. So when you thought that the program would be on a particular date & time -something else was broadcast!

Darn it!:mad:

Aerosmith

Reaction score
I only saw about 3 or 4 episodes and most of them where about over. :frown:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
It looks like all the networks didn't even try to at least promote MT properly.
In Australia they advertised it as coming soon at the beginning of one year but delayed until just before next year. And then didn't show it un-cut and took it off after only 8 eps

They did show others here and there but only 13 were ever broadcast in Aust.
Maybe MT would have bombed anyway but I think it's an insult to Jim's memory that his son's attempt to bring them back was not respected

minor muppetz

Reaction score
doctort13 said:
If I remember correctly, the network (was it ABC?) kept changing the timeslot of the show. So when you thought that the program would be on a particular date & time -something else was broadcast!
When you say that ABC kept changing the time slot, it sounds like you are saying that it's timeslot changed frequently (as ine very few weeks or days), but in fact, ABC only changed the time slot once (you do live in North America, right? Because other countries might have had different time slots).

For the first seven episodes on ABC, the show was broadcast on friday nights. Then it was taken off the schedule for a few weeks (close to two months). Then it was broadcast on Sundays and then it was gone from the ABC line-up.

The Disney Channel, to my knowledge, only showed episodes of the show on Saturday and Sunday nights. I feel like one of those showings was dropped before reruns were completely cancled, but I can't remember for sure.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
I Have All 23 Episodes And It Was On Sunday Noghts And Fridays When Saturdays Weren't The Powerhouses They Are Now

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
I Have All 23 Episodes And It Was On Sunday Noghts And Fridays When Saturdays Weren't The Powerhouses They Are Now
Minor anal-retentive correction: There were 22 episodes, not 23. I wish there were 23 (or 24) episodes.