what classic number segments can you remember?

Rosewood

Reaction score
I'll start by first asking if anyone can remember the specific exact scripts of the "baker" number segments; 1-10. Any help would be greatly apreciated!

But one old segment I'll start with was for #6: a little girl is turning 6 and says "I'm 6, I'm 6, I'm 6 years old today! I'm more than 1; I'm more than 2: I'm more than 3: I'm MUCH more than 4;... I'm even more than 5. Can you guess how old I am?" I know the words on that are not complete, but that's what I can remember from it.:smile:

Ziffel

Reaction score
Here's a thread about the falling down baker series. Most of the details of the number skits were listed by various members. But I didn't see any for 5,7, and 9 (other than Rowlf the dog being mentioned for one of the 9 items).
From my memory:

5 had five "whatever they are" (five scary monster muppets behind a glass and they shattered the glass. The man in front called them "whatever they are"). I'm drawing a blank at the moment on the other four items.

7 had seven straws, ducks, circles, and ... ?

9 had nine noodles, nails, mice, lice :smile:sympathy: 's appearance), and forget the fifth one.

-----------

And for classic number sketches in general, such as the 6th birthday animated one you mentioned, you'll find a lot of posts in the favorite 1,2,3 thread. :smile:

Ziffel

Reaction score
In the falling baker segments, 5 also had five frogs and 7 had seven spooky spiders. So need one more for 7 and 9, and three more for 5.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Ah I just recalled the last 9 item! A boy excitedly says, "Nine quarters!". Quite a contrast in enthusiasm to the little girl who said, "Nine noodles."

So the 9 segment went (in this order): nine noodles, nine nails (man hammers them in), nine lice (actually, is it nine LIGHTS he said? Yeah, actually I think it is. I can picture his head turning around to see the lights. I think I was thinking nice lice because lice rhymes with the next word - mice! But lice would be a little nasty! :embarrassed: ), nine mice (man opens little door or floorboard and sees 9 little white mice squeaking), and nine quarters. Then the baker falls down the stairs with the pies. And that's the song of nine!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
That's Brian Henson we see with the nine quarters. We also saw him with three peas, five dimes, and seven nickels. And to keep things in the family, that's Jim's daughter Lisa whining about the nine noodles.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Ah yes I remember hearing that Brian appeared in the baker segments. Thanks for the tidbits, fuzzygobo, and also about Lisa being the girl in the first nine item.
And you also provided the missing 7 item - nickels, and another five item - dimes.

So now we have the complete seven song - How many is seven? Seven straws. 1-2-3-4-5-6-7. Seven circles. 1-2-3-4-5-6-7. Seven spooky spiders. 1-2-3-4-5-6-7. Seven ducks. 1-2-3-4-5-6-7. Seven nickels. 1-2-3-4-5-6-7.
Seven...pumpkin...pies! whoaoohuhoooouhhhhoohoohoohooh! And that's the song of seven!

For five we have five dimes, five frogs, and five whatever they are. Just need two more and we have them all for 1 through 10!

I don't recall ever seeing number one. I probably had when really little but don't have any recollection of it.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
How many is 5?

5 fingers, 5 ice cream sodas, 5 whatever they are (including Brown Grover, or green, depending on how the tint control was set on your tv),
5 frogs, and 5 dimes. Plus the baker falling down the stairs with 5 fancy fruitcakes(fine with me, because how many fruitcake fans are there?)

...and that's a song of 5!

Ziffel

Reaction score
Thanks fuzzygobo! Now we have the complete list between this thread and the aforementioned falling down baker thread. That's a neat tidbit about an old Grover being one of those scary monsters! Boy I'd love to see that again! And yeah, the fruitcakes are probably the least appealing of all the baker's desserts. The ice cream sundaes earlier in the five skit sound far more delicious! :stick_out_tongue:

Rosewood

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch!

Fuzzy and Ziffel, your awsome! Thanks for spending so much time on this. You have both been a great help! Sincerely, your friend, Rose:smile: