What clips are on these Shalom Sesame videos?

Dantecat

Reaction score
What Muppet clips do you get on Shalom Sesame videos on Passover and Kids sing Israel

:confused: That's why I want to know because I need two more to go on my Shalom Sesame collection because there are eleven of them.

Splurge

Reaction score
Deanmo19 said:
Passover:

African Alphabet (sung by Kermit)
Monster in the Mirror (sung by Grover)
Count it Higher (sung by Chris and the Alphabeats)

Kids Sing Israel:

Doo Wop Hop (sung by Kermit)
ABC Disco (with Grover dancing)
Put Down the Duckie (sung by Ernie and Hoots)
Couple of Grouches (sung by Oscar and Grungetta)
Oh yes, and Oscar stars on Rechov Sumsum, the street set itself. He points out that matzoh (sp?) bread is flat, just like his singing.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Thank you! I know of these songs except grouch couples.Do you know what year was that song and how does it go? I would like to know if ABC Disco is dubbed in hebrew by the english letters and know the other songs that which parts are dubbed in hebrew.Thanks! :smile: :wink: :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can definately r3emember Passover had the infamous Hebrew version of Pinball Number Count that caused me to have grevious nightmares for years to come. Old Jewish ladies sounding like the Pointer sisters... Somethings should not exist... If they wanted it so bad they could have gotten the sisters themselves to sing it in parot Hebrew (Parot means that you repeat what is said in the language in question without any knowledge of the language... Monty Python actually spoke Parrot German in the short live Monty Python's Fligender Zircus for German TV)

And no doubt Alphabet Disco is replaced by Hebrew letters as is the African Alphabet (I can vouch for that!)

Dantecat

Reaction score
Hey Drtooth,How scary is the pinball number count in hebrew? :eek: :concern:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Let me paint you a picture... think of Jewish women sounding like African American singers...

Then, take a language heavy on harsh sounding "Chh" "Ik" and "SHH" sounds.

Then jumble up all the numbers sang so that they fit with the English oriented on screen number counting...

polish it off with a dollop of serious off key singing and presto! You have something that makes me jump 40 feet!

PutDownDuckie

Reaction score
Yea!!!!! Shalom Sesame made me study hebrew here in college! :smile: I'm glad you gys are fans, too. My favorite episode was the one starring Rubber duckie (Barvak shel Gummi - something like that in English letters) with Itzhak Perlman. It's simply adorable! Especially when they sing one verse in English and the next in Hebrew - I get so excited by this series! :excited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
After a while that really creeped me out...

I remember that Passover was the one that freaked me out the most, so Count it Higher I forget... They sing the numbewrs in Hebrew or whole verses? I think it was one verse, but mainly the numbers...

Dantecat

Reaction score
Is African Alphabet all in hebrew because when i was watching the credits of alpeh-bet telethon. When i saw the skit, it was backwards for a second during the credits and if ABC Disco is all in hebrew, I would like to know if the other clips are some parts dubbed in hebrew. :confused:

Crazy31088

Reaction score
I have that Alephbet telethon video on my shelf, I haven't touched it in years, but the big one that I remember they used (and dubbed over) was the Bert and Ernie sketch where Ernie says he wrote a short story, and he reads it to Bert, and, to Bert's disappointment, it's just the alphabet. Ernie doesn't finish it because he doesn't want to spoil the ending, so Bert won't read it on his own. The reading of the alphabet was obviously dubbed over to be the hebrew alephbet, and I think one of Bert's lines was also dubbed over, inexplicably (but, then again, I don't remember how the original version of the sketch sounds).

If I recall correctly, pretty much all of the dubbing didn't sound a whole lot like the real voices, and since only parts of the dialogue was dubbed over, it all sounded pretty jarring.