What did we do to deserve THIS?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah... I'd be more inclined to complain about this thing if it were actually going to happen. The Marvin movie is in production purgatory, there's no way Speedy's gonna get a movie before Bugs, and frankly, if they couldn't make Back in Action a hit, there's no way they're going to throw away money by making another film when and if the Bugs movie is made, since there's no chance that will be a hit either.

Really, if you don't know how to keep 70 cartoon classic character's in the public eye, you really have no clue and you shouldn't be in the entertainment business. That said, these films are still light years better than Loonatics was.

Nick22

Reaction score
i am going to PRAY that this movie is never made

Lil0Vampy

Reaction score
X.X Oh. My. Bananas. *headdesks* Why are they doing this? Just, why? I would honestly prefer to watch grass grow. :concern:

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
[starts bawling] Why! WHY!

It's really just time to stop making Looney Tunes films. I mean really, if a franchise is dead, just let it stay dead.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Oh wow. Aside from the "CGI-toon-in-real-world" shtick which I have become so sick of, how would they pull this off and remain true to the character? Pepe is so very Non-PC. Can you imagine how much they'd have to water him down to avoid protests from those who don't like his over-the-top Frenchness or his constant sexual harassment?

I like the original Pepe. The cartoons are funny. I don't want to see a movie about him that turns into a long fart joke. 'Nuff already.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Pepe is so very Non-PC. Can you imagine how much they'd have to water him down to avoid protests from those who don't like his over-the-top Frenchness or his constant sexual harassment?
We can still get away with making fun of the French. Heck, I agree with what some comic artist once said, You can make fun of the Europeans (and Canadians) but you can't lay a hand on anyone else. We are, after all, the most PC country in the world. But then again, I've seen some terrible stuff we've done in the 40's, 50's and 60's to African Americans and Asians I'm totally embarrassed about. I'm glad we've come that far.

But really. There's no need to worry. There is no way this movie's gonna get made. There might be a chance if and only if the Yogi movie does so incredibly well it justifies further movies like it. And then, only if there isn't a long string of Hanna Barbera movie projects after it. They are putting all their eggs in one basket here. Sometimes WB threatens to do movies, and NOTHING comes out of them. Heck, even when Space Jam was in development they had lines of scripts for new Looney Tunes movies after the project was successful. And since Space Jam wasn't a massive runaway, they didn't make them. And the line of projects they lined up after Back in Action, which was an even bigger failure.

So, unless Bugs's live action film is a huge runaway hit, the chances of a live action Mike Myers voiced Pepe le Pew film (Hey, wasn't Mike supposed to play Shaggy at one point?) are slim to nil... And something tells me, if they can't strike gold with Space Jam and Back in Action, they're not going anywhere with an ugly fur textured Bugs film.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END!
I just know that these films won't be decent. I'm so annoyed with the fact everything is 3D already I've practically stopped going to mainstream films.

This sort of thing makes watching paint dry an extreme sport.

Drtooth

Reaction score
WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END!
I just know that these films won't be decent. I'm so annoyed with the fact everything is 3D already I've practically stopped going to mainstream films.
I tried that too... but then I got a good look at the indie films, and I came to the conclusion... they both suck in general. :flirt: Nah, there are some good ones out there. Problem is, they've REALLY indie. You'll never hear about them.

Now, do I have to mention this is because Alvin was a surprise hit at the box office? Sure, I regret seeing the second one (though there was a good 45 minutes in there), but the first one wasn't terrible... miscast but not terrible. And somehow everyone in Hollywood THINKS that this is making a come back. Hah. They got lucky because they released it near Christmas and they sang a Christmas song. If Marmaduke proved anything, (other than not to bother with a comic strip no one read during the Carter administration that wasn't even funny in its prime) it's that no one really likes or digs theses movies (opened at 6th). Only time will tell with Yogi, but so far I doubt even Bugs is going to go forward... and even then, I doubt Bugs is going to be just successful enough to warrant a sequel/spinoff/similar film.

If WB actually did half the stuff it announced, we'd've seen the Thundercats movie, the Hong Kong Phooey movie, the Jetsons movie, the new He-Man movie (or was that Paramount... been so long, I forgot), the Marvin the Martian movie, the Justice League movie, and various others (the silliness keeping Wonder Woman from being made is astronomical) all by now.

Trust me... we're just hiding from a ghost that's actually a coat on a chair. I know worry about nothing, and this is it.

And again, if it does get made, it would truly have to be insanely horrible for me to think any less of Warner brothers right now. I mean, Loonatics was horrendous, and Henson should have sued over LT Babies. It will have to be truly terrifyingly bad to be worse steps than those. That is, if this is even going to get made.