What Do I Pay You People For?!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Hey there folks,

Well as many of you know, I don't pay you. But I'm sure someone out there does. So, I just wanted to know how you people spend your days (work wise that is). I'll start, as always:

I am a student at Nova High School, and I am a busser at a bar called Rickey's.

Ah, that felt nice. Anyone else care to share? I can make us name tags and put the chairs in a circle if it would make it more comfortable around here...:big_grin:

-Matt

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
So, I just wanted to know how you people spend your days (work wise that is
Ok I'll bite! Oddly enough, my wife was asking this very same question to me tonight! :stick_out_tongue:

I run a small company that specializes in puppet stuff. We do some TV work, rent puppets & props to people, build puppets (though we want to stop doing that). I'm supposed to actually be puppeteer, but I've only managed to that maybe ten days in the last twelve months......so I spend most of my time writing, doing meetings and generally being annoyed by all the stupid little problems that come with running a small business! :stick_out_tongue:

grail

Reaction score
i'll play too!

i spend most of my time behind a computer. for the last year, i've been an employee of a company called Telamon, doing tech support for various things. cable modems, ISDN, dialup, wireless, DSL...we do it all. about two months ago, i got "promoted" to "the bridge", which means that i'm no longer on the phones (though people won't stop asking me support questions that they should already know the answer to). i sit and run reports all day, and decide when people can go on breaks/lunch. it's basically low-level call center management, but without the pay.

my unpaid job is as a news writer/toy reviewer for ZENtertainment.com. i don't get much of a chance to contribute, as my schedule is all over the place, and my reviews have been few and far between because i'm not the one that posts them, but that should be changing soon. i'm just waiting for the powers that be to finish setting it up and give me access, and then we'll have toys.zentertainment.com up and running. i've already polished off about 10 reviews for use in the first couple weeks, and have been waiting for the site to start moving to do anything. i think i'm going to give up and have one posted on the main site next week. probably Angel...not sure yet though.

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Oooooooh! Running small businesses, puppeteering, toy-reviewing... all very much more exciting then my jobs of the past!

Well firstly, I am currently unemployeed. It's my first year of University and both my mom and I felt I should concentrate more on school work, then work my buns off this summer.

So here's where I stand: Unemployeed, broke, in debt, with no assets to my name. YAY!

But I have had quite a few jobs in the past... mostly fast food.

1) First job ever, was at Swiss Chalet... that lasted a grand total of two weeks, as I was digusted by the place.

2) A mere week after I quit Swiss Chalet, a friend helped me get a job at Taco Bell. Don't scoff! This was the best job ever. Cuz no one really eats at Taco Bell, and we must've had the worst location cuz LITERALLY no one ate there. (Okay, maybe a few did) So all day long I'd sit in the managers office stapling the walls (my friend was manager) or we'd throw sauce packets at each other, mix all the syrups of the drinks together and dare someone to drink it, and get paid for it! Sure, it was minimum wage, but when you're getting paid to do nothing you don't complain. I worked there for 2 years, and would've been there longer... if we hadn't got shut down for lack of business. XD (I told you no one ate there!)

3) A month later, I worked at Subway. I HATED this job! The people at work sucked (unlike my previous job, where all of us not only got a long, but started hanging out outside of work), and our boss was so creepy. He had cameras in the store right, no big, but those cameras were somehow (don't ask me how, but they were) hooked up to his TV at home, so he was monitoring us ALL the time! It was really creepy, cuz let's say you forgot to put on your visor and he called, the first thing he'd say over the phone would be "PUT ON YOUR VISOR, NOW!!!" Very weird... so I only worked there for 2 months.

4) Last summer I worked part time (cuz they couldn't give me full time) as a cook for a bar called The Wismer House. It was alright... except that we would sweat bullets in the kitchen. But the people were pretty cool... but the pay was kinda lousy, but I only worked there for 2 months cuz it was just for the summer. I may go back there next year, I don't know yet... I'm pretty sick of working with food. XD

5) Since I needed the dough, I also taught drama lessons to little kids at the Art Warehouse at my cottage part time. (I've been doing drama since I was like 7... in professional classes from 7 to 13, then I went to a high school which was a school of the Arts where you had to try out to get in) and that was pretty fun. Except that I'm not overly a big fan of children, and some of them just would not listen! (this is why I'll never be a mother or an elementary school teacher) But, it was a nice, easy going job. And some of the kids were really cute. ^_^

And that brings me to now... unemployeed and pov. But at least I'm having fun!

^_^ Debo

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Mild-mannered insurance sales person by day; maniacal cartoonist/puppeteer by night.

Other interests involve Blues/Soul/Funk musick, Paranormal Research, and making public nuances of myself.

I also like collecting toys, playing with them, and playing with my rubber chicken, Billy.

Isn't Billy a nice name for a rubber chicken? I named him that just now.

FOZ

Joggy

Reaction score
I'm a second year college student in marketing and communications. I also do a part time theatre school. In my spare time I can often be seen writing songs or working on my beginning one-man-puppetry company, Joggy Creations.

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
My exciting day consists of working with one anti-social 7 year old and one extremely deaf and extremely naughty 6 year old. I also attend tons of meetings discussing why these two children misbehave.

Then I come home to my dog who is both anti-social and suffers from selective-hearing loss. But she is cuter then the kids so it doesn't matter.

I also play sport, write kids stories, read and talk endlessly on the phone:smile:

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
ah TV

I am a crazy person with many jobs.

I have in the past, however, worked at Sesame Workshop on Ultiza Sezam and Alm Simsim as well as other shows (I figure those are the only ones u'd care about) and currently work at CBS.

I, of course, want to work with the Muppets, or at least do something they would be proud of.

Now if you see me posting anymore YELL AT ME! I really need to finish re-reading my play so I can send it to the nice publisher tomorrow. No more posting. Bad Muppetfreak!

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Since I'm looking at becoming a professional puppeteer in the future I thought it wise to get a job that will give me good background experience. Instead, however, I have the weirdest job ever: I work at Tacoma Monumental where they make gravestones... I mainly wash their delivery trucks on weekends (they go all over and get REALLY dirty) and the display stones, but in the summer I can work as much as I want. I get to use a huge table saw and cut stones and core them for vases! Last summer I thought about sneaking this fake bloody leg I have in with me and putting it on the sawing table, then scream at the top of my lungs and get everyone to run out to me... but I decided I wanted to keep the job cuz it pays well, so I didn't.

Currently I'm going to Covenant High School (it's a Christian school) at which I am the ASB Vice President :smile:

I'd been hoping to get some sort of job (coffee pig, or something) at a local TV station, but I need to be 18.

It's amazing to think there is actually more to our lives than Muppets!

--"Scary" Larry Wolf

beaker

Reaction score
After working as a retail slave for a month at Pottery Barn(albeit my first job ever in 24 years) Ive decided to spend my full time in the dreaming and the benefits of being over 18...ie: endless freetime(most of which is spent working on my art, music, flash design, etc) Yes, I finally bought a computer a month ago and I havent looked back since.