What do you guys think of Pet Cloning?

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hi guys, i just wanted to get a few opintions from you guys on cloning pets, i just did a research paper on it and i'm wondering what you guys think.

I'm againts it, my theis statement's points inculded the overpopluation of animals already, the SPCA's lack of support for cloning and pet ouners who want to clone their pet/pets incorrect vaules.

First off the homeless animals and animals in shellters put to sleep each year is horrific, many are put down each day, i have esitmated counts in my paper. we don't need more animals, or making more animals when there are already perfect pets out there now that need homes.

the SPCA does not support cloning at all, there have been experiments in which pigs have been cloned and did not have a tail or an anus... :eek: sick! they had to distory 28 pigs due to it.
if people didn't know Dolly the famous cloned sheep had to be put to sleep do to arthrius,back in febuary 14-15 after six years, i think that was only half her life span, now she's stuffed in a museum in the UK i think, i'm not sure, that i just read, i kept my paper on the dog and cat area.

People who are already storing there dead, or even alive, pets cells are paying 10 bucks a month for storage to maybe get the chance one day to clone that animal...could be three years from now, could be more, could be never, whatever, they are paying ten bucks a month, then the heafty price of cloing the pet when and if the time comes...that is A LOT of money....GO OUT AND GET A NEW CAT!!!!!! i think it's sick!

My reasearch paper has a lot more to this stuff, but more harm then good comes from cloning a pet that may not look like your old pet and certainly will not act like your old pet....

Zack)Rowlf the, Save the life of a stray, don't make a new one, Dog.:sympathy:

Bernard

Reaction score
It is well because that will allow to save races see disparission of it.

AND

It is badly because they is dangerous and the animals can be wounded.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
True this could bring back and help endangered animals, but the animals habitats need to rebulit first. We could clone 10000000 Panda Bears, but they need a natural home in the wild first. Plus they may die faster due to deasies, so it really isn't helping to bring a type of animal back in which will died sooner due to harmful sicknesses.

just think of the test on humans as well, somethings ARE going to go wrong, it won't end up perfect, it would be like a mad scienceists harming humans and animals.

I just feel it's nothing to be playing with.

Zack)Rowlf the, ----This space for rent----, Dog

DirthNader

Reaction score
I have many a pet I wish were still here. Unfortunately, I don't have the money to resurect them nor can I remember where I burried them to obtain a DNA sample for the cloning procedure.

From a personal stand point, even if I had those things, I would not go through with it. I beleive that there will only ever be one of every living thing. Everything and everybody is unique.

Do I beleive it's morally wrong? Not necessarily. I think medicine can be greatly advanced with the use of cloning. It makes my skin crawl to think of it at times, but there it is.

Now to catch some :sleep: 's

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Saving DNA and cells/stem cells or whatever of animals that are in danger of being wiped out to one day ressurect the race or save it from extinction is one thing.

Cloning a pet to replace it after said pet dies is not a valid excuse for cloning a pet. There is absolutely NO guaruntee that you will get the exact same cat or dog or parakeet that you originally had.

If your pet has died and you feel like you're ready to have another animal in your life, then go talk to a breeder or go to an animal shelter. There are lots of animals at a shelter especially that need good homes, and you don't have to wait for it to be born from a test tube.

-Kim

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
i'll pay 5 cents.....
Sarah! you got a deal! rather then giving me money just post 5 Rowlf smileys to me and if you want i'll put your name in that spot or whatever saying you want for a week! if you want the place again, you have to pay five more rowlf smileys:smile:

I agree Kim, they should save cells of animals that are in danger of being wiped out and they have cells of animals that already died of extinction. some sort of extinced bull was already cloned.

the things that worries me is that i wouldn't want lets say a rino or african elephant to died due to it becoming mutated like some cloned pigs have been, nor would we want the animal to only live a short time and be in pain, Dolly the sheep only lived 6 years in which was half her life span, it may or may not be the same for an elephant but we wouldn't want it to die a painful death.

the animals habtats need to be saved and rebuilt, there is too much distrcution and waste now.

zack)Rowlf the, this space SOLD to sarah_yzma! Dog.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
For Zack

:sympathy: :sympathy: :sympathy: :sympathy: :sympathy:

is this some sort of evil trick????

ok how about this for my rented space........

we should all bow down to Sarah

that will do just fine!

Sarah

or is this what you wanted me to do....

5 Rowlf smilies to me

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
EVIL TRICK!?! heaven no! you posted 5 rowlf smiles yep that's it, i'll, i'll...just stare atthem for a second, and makesure all 5 are there...hmm, 1..2, 3,4,5!! yep"! all payed!:smile:

'"we should all bow down to Sarah'"

is that what you want in the post? are you sure? well you can always tell me to change it for the next week, it's your space!

let me know;-)

Zack)Rowlf the, we should all bow down to Sarah, Dog

that's what it will look like,:zany: