What do you hear Grover say?

Old Thunder

Reaction score
It’s obviously “sounds like”, but it took me a while before I got it completely. At first it switched randomly depending on what I was expecting, but now I can only hear “sounds like” and it’s a piece of my life I think is now for the worse rip.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Yeah, just took a listen and it's definitely "that sounds like." The first time it sounded like the F-word, but now I hear the 's' at the end of 'sounds' each time.

IIRC there was a similar instance years ago when Elmo almost blurted out the H-word in an episode.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Its an interesting audio illusion, but if people actually think Grover cursed they are stupid.
I do hear him curse but no, I do not think he actually said the word. Like you said, it's an interesting audio illusion.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I don't hear it at all. And like some said, if anybody actually thinks that Grover said that, than they're dumb. This was an actual clip from the show, so of course he wouldn't say it. And even if this were a behind the scenes blooper, he wouldn't have said it. The show and the performers are too protective of the characters.
But then again, some people believe that the show is "Liberal propaganda", so some people are just gullible like that.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Wasn’t there an interview with Eric Jacobson and the interviewer asked what was Grover’s liberal agenda? I think Eric was shocked and probably annoyed.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Everything gets back to Frank Oz nowadays. :big_grin:

I listened to it again and tried to hear him say it but still couldn't.

MWoO

Reaction score
Everything gets back to Frank Oz nowadays. :big_grin:
Its crazy. He always seemed like this untouchable Muppet God to me, but now he's so easily accessible via Twitter and he gives his unfiltered opinions on things. Its kinda awesome.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So i’ll offer my two cents.

I think this is a case of A) people now-hearing things, or B) trying too hard to hear things they know aren’t there.

This just sounds like the same deal of Oscar’s cousin saying “I’m getting sick” sounding like “******* sick” to other people (and the fact that some people still think he said that is, well, kind of stupid).