1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

What do you know about dreams?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I've been able to taste things in my dreams...unfortunately the taste has always been...nasty but not like revolting? Idk. Dream me was perfectly fine eating stuff that lasted like the bottom of your shoe so pfft XP

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  2. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

This may sound exotic, but I can actually feel physical pain or touch in all of my dreams and nightmares...

3. Dr TeethFan

Dr TeethFan Active Member

I learnt that dreams can actually be a vision that will happen in the future

THANKS INTERNET:D

4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Not necessarily, however, the two things that make up most of your dreams are your biggest wishes, and your biggest fears.

Bridget likes this.
  5. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I have seen Sprout in my dreams. The last time I had a dream about that was yesterday. I dreamed about how I got an email from them saying that they were going to start showing Episodes 3314 and Episode 3822. I was freaking out.

6. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

I thought that dreams were made up of a mixture of events that have happened during the day or your life time, and your brain thinks about them at night. Ah, well, in the words of Cinderella, "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes".

7. D'Snowth

I experienced the sense of taste again last night in dreamland... for some reason, I was drinking a cup of coffee, but it was terrible, so I kept adding spoonful after spoonful of sugar to make it taste better.

8. D'Snowth

I've noticed I've been going through another one of those phases where it's like every dream I have is freaky-deaky, trippy, and really nonsensical, borderlining nightmarish without necessarily being nightmares.

Night before last, I had this dream where the house suddenly had an infestation problem of ladybugs, and I remember waking up, and there were ladybugs crawling all around in my bed (in the dream, not in actuality).

Last night, I dreamt that Christopher Plummer was taking me, my dad, my aunt, my uncle, and my cousin to the movies in a school bus, but my gut instincts were telling that Plummer was up to no good, because he was driving us clear out of the county, and why would he do that when there are a few theaters in town? So when we finally got to a theater in a neighboring county, we gave him the slip and started walking for home.

9. MUPPETFAN1976

MUPPETFAN1976 Active Member

I had an Awesome dream last night. Ok so it was me and my 3 cousins (they weren't sleeping with me. I just made it up.) and we were just looking around in Mississippi and all of the sudden. We see a frog swimming and he starts swimming towards us. So, i'm wondering "Why is a frog coming after us?" So, I tell the captain to stop the boat and he stops. Then, he dives into the water. Well at least we think. When he dives he lands his body on the boat. When he gets to the ground, he's just laying there. When he wakes up a minute later, he says" Hi Ho. I'm kermit the frog." We were all in shock. So what we did afterwards was that we let him dry off and then we let him stay the night at our boat. IT WAS UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! He even "gave me" something. So he brought his"chest (like a treasure chest. something like that) and he was looking for something wonderful to give me. So, he found a 1979 Muppet Movie Cast and Crew T-Shirt, a signed The Great Muppet Caper:The Making of The Masterpiece book, A Great Muppet Caper Board Game from 1981, The Muppet Show Board Game from 1977, The Muppet Show Board game of Stars from 1979, and last but not least, a Autographed photo from every single Muppet Movie (except for the one that will be coming out March 21st. I'll probably do a different post for that.). Then, we watched some classic Muppet Movies like The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, and The Muppets Take Manhattan. Eventually, we all went to sleep.

Then, a few weeks ago, I had another dream. Let's say I had my own primetime show on CBS starting in 1973 and Miss Piggy appeared as a guest in 1979 (with Kermit: for the promotion of The Muppet Movie and The Muppets go Hollywood. Both separately) , 1981 (With Kermit 2 of 3 times: for a promotion of her new book Miss Piggy's Guide to life (not with Kermit), The Great Muppet Caper and The Muppets Go to the Movies. All 3 are separate), 1982 (to promote her new special:The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show and her new album:Miss Piggy's Aerobique Exercise Workout Album. Again both separate.) 1984 (with Kermit once again. To promote The Muppets Take Manhattan),1985 (with Kermit again: To promote their Appearance on Great Performances (look it up on YouTube if you don't know what i am talking about).) , 1987 (with Kermit and gonzo (unfortunately for gonzo) to Promote A Muppet Family Christmas), 1989 (With Kermit once again (performed by Jim Henson for the last time): To promote The Jim Henson Hour), 1990 (with Kermit (now performed by Steve Whitmire): To promote The Muppets At Walt Disney World), 1992 (With Kermit AGAIN!!: To promote The Muppet Christmas Carol), 1996 (with Kermit 2 out of 3 times (are you starting to see a pattern here?): To Promote Muppet Treasure Island, In the Kitchen with Miss Piggy, and Muppets Tonight), 1999 (with Kermit again (Yes you are. I've answered your question so you don't have to, but you can still answer it anyway): To promote Muppets From Space), 2002 (with kermit (of course) to promote It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie), 2003 (with Kermit and Tom Bergeron: To promote Kermit and Piggy's appearance on Hollywood Squares), 2005 (with Kermit and Tom again: To promote their appearance on America's Funniest Home Videos (another one of my favorite shows), 2007 (to promote The Muppet Show Season 2 on DVD (WISHING FOR SEASONS 4 AND 5!!!!).) 2008 (With Kermit Again; To Promote Studio DC:ALMOST LIVE), 2009 (To Promote The Diva Code), 2011 (With Kermit, Walter, Jason Segal, and Amy Adams: To Promote The Muppets (2011 Movie).), 2013 (with Kermit and Lady Gaga: To promote Lady Gaga and The Muppets Holiday Spectacular), and coming soon Piggy, Kermit, Walter, and Ricky Gervais to promote Muppets Most Wanted. That will be "coming in either early February, Mid February, late February, or early March.

10. D'Snowth

I wonder if because I live in the ghetto is the reason why lately I keep having nightmares involving gangbangers causing trouble in the neighborhood.

Admittedly, just since I've been here in two years, the neighborhood's seen it's fair share of gentrification, though it still attracts some seedy characters now and then.

11. D'Snowth

Last night I dreamt that Doug Walker and I were recreating, shot-for-shot, frame-by-frame, the scene from SEINFELD where Jerry chases Newman throughout the building... why, I don't know, but because of that, I've been watching that scene all day on YT today.

Anyway, I'm noticing the episodes have been kind of starting up again, where I have rather weird and lucid dreams throughout the night, however, I can't help but wonder if this time, they're being brought on by my experimental film (which begins filming later this month, or early next month), which is actually about dreams.

MUPPETFAN1976 likes this.
  12. D'Snowth

Well, I had a fun one last night: a bunch of us MCers were in a big department/big box store, and there was a fight going on. Not a physical fight, more like a food fight, only instead of throwing food all over the place, it was other products that were flying around.

It was weird, and it didn't make any sense, but at least it was pleasant, lol.

heralde likes this.
  13. D'Snowth

Had another really interesting one last night.

So, as many of you may or may not know, I wasn't really able to do anything regarding STEVE D'MONSTER & COMPANY, and as such, I was never able to audition puppeteers for The Squirrely Squirrels (I had someone tapped for Bethany, and of course, MrsPepper has been her vocal understudy before). Last night, I somehow dreamt I was somewhere, don't quite remember, it was a furniture store, or an appliance store, or someplace like that, and I stumbled onto these three girls just hanging around and doing nothing. They weren't "bad" or "mean" girls, per say, but they clearly had attitude problems, and I somehow saw the kind of characters I had envisioned The Squirrely Squirrels to be in them; I think I asked them if they had any experience in puppetry, of which they were kind of meh about, which again, I thought was the perfect kind of attitude for the characters. I just can't remember if I gave them the job or not.

14. Harleena

Harleena Well-Known Member

So…is this a thread where you like get your dreams analyzed? Cool. When I have an interesting dream that I remember, I'll have to come back here.

15. D'Snowth

More-or-less, kinda-sorta.

I'm just glad that I've been having considerably more pleasant and enjoyable dreams as of late - it's a nice relief from the usual nightly acid trips that I have even though I don't drop acid, or do any drugs for that matter.

16. lmag42

lmag42 Active Member

I don't know if this is the right thread, but it seems as if there's no "Share your interesting dreams" thread, so here it is:
    -Last night: Me and my Dad drove to Detroit, I noticed a lot of car factories, it was kind of futuristic
    -Month or so ago: Walking around NYC, present day, walk by the Empire State Building and hop into this weird arcade that has strange, dated games
    About a year ago: Drove to Canada (through Michigan, for some reason), over some bridge next to a abandoned Cereal Factory, stopped by Battle Creek, MI inexplicably on the way back
    About a year ago as well: Went to former NFL kicker David Akers' retirement party; gave him a strange gift.
    5 years ago: Drove through my childhood neighborhood, everyone had a water tower in their backyard, eventually raced SpongeBob and Patrick in their Krabby Patty mobile to West Virginia.
    8 years ago: Driving through Boston, MA without seat belts on in convertible, hit a bump and I go flying into Boston Harbor.
    Long time ago: Nightmare where I watch an unsettling Gerber baby food commercial where an office starts acting like babies in a horrifying manner, scaring me for years
    What do you think?

17. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I had an odd dream a few years ago.

In my dream,for some reason, like 11 of the Sesame Street Muppet performers randomly came to my door one day, which is weird considering I live in Texas.

Carmen Osbahr was there, Leslie Carrara-Rudolph was there, Fran Brill, Steve Whitmire, Eric Jacobson, Stephanie D'Abbruzzo, David Rudman, Peter Linz, Kevin Clash, Martin P. Robinson and Ryan Dillon were all there (despite the fact that several of them don't work on the show anymore).
    Of course I completely freaked out and immediately started telling them that I was a huge fan.
    They told me that they wanted me to help them do some kind of performance at some kind of convention.
    Suddenly the scenery changes from my living room to a big black room with colorful lights. They get behind crates to hide themselves and begin performing their respective characters. I was a background performer, I think I was playing Herry.
    Once the performance was done, they all started acting really snobby towards me and ignoring me, some of them looked at me as something was wrong with me.

And then I woke up.
    I guess that dream came from a fear I didn't even know I had. A fear of being rejected by my idols.

18. D'Snowth

I really had to bump this thread, because something amazing happened - somebody has actually uploaded a video of one of my recurring nightmares on YouTube:

That's it. That's one of my recurring nightmares right there. In spite of the fact that I have a fascination with tornadoes, and severe weather in general, the very idea of the destruction they make is very unsettling to me; it's one of my deep, inner fears, and this results in recurring nightmares of seeing a monster tornado barreling straight towards me, my family, my home, my town, etc., and knowing there isn't anything I can do about it. For those of you who saw my TECHNICOLOR DREAMS experimental film, that's why I included a tornado clip in my first dream sequence.

19. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I have a very similar recurring dream. I'm very fascinated with tornados but I live in North Texas, which is very well known for severe weather. Every time I go to sleep when it's raining I have these awful dreams where a tornado comes while i'm in bed and it comes straight towards my bedroom.

20. D'Snowth

We're down in a valley, sandwiched between the Cumberland Plateau to our west, and the Smoky Mountains to our east, so although we see our fair share of severe weather, we're not normally susceptible to tornadoes, though we have seen an occasional small tornado in all the years I've lived here . . . maybe EF0-EF1 - I remember one such occasion maybe sixteen years ago where it was reported there was a funnel cloud that passed right overthe city, but it thankfully never touched the ground. Most of the time if a large storm system is going to be blowing through, the Plateau usually ends up taking the brunt of it so by the time it actually reaches us, we usually just get residuals of the system.