What do you know about dreams?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I believe, at least with me, they symbolize tremendously stressful situations that I can't control. Now, since I'm into lucid dreaming and have been since I was a kid, I might not be able to stop a tornado in my dream but I can at least de-power it some or whatever so that it's more survivable. Even when it hits me dead on, I still have the power to make myself so resilient that all it can do is hold me to the ground until it gives out or fling me out of the way and move on.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I had a dream two nights ago that I was being chased by something, or just running away from something (I can't really remember) and while I'm running away I turn into a bear. There was a person running away with me, and says something about do I realize that my emotions caused me to turn into a bear.

Now, transformation dreams are really common for me, but what makes this one kinda strange is that normally I know and willingly transform into something that can deal with the situation at hand. This was an unwilling transformation. Whats even weirder, is that instead of going back to face whatever it was (like most dreams involving transformations), I keep running and end up hiding and possibly start crying. Then I woke up. :confused:

rbrianna

Reaction score
Well I just know that we dream a lot of times every time we sleep but we barely remember them right by the time that we wake up. The key is to right what you dreamt about right after waking up so you could get a grasp of it. And people we see in our dreams are not new people that our brain creates but faces that we meet and see from our day to day life. Really amazing, quite frankly.

Hubert

Reaction score
I've always wondered if any one else ever has this: I have a dream about a extremely scary/difficult situation, and then when I don't know what to do, I think in my dream 'is this a dream?' and then I realize it is and then if I want to I can wake myself up. I can only do this when I'm in a dangerous situation, so it probably already half wakes me up. One time I was sure it was a dream, and I was curious what would happen so I stayed asleep, then woke up when I wanted to.

Another thing I just realized: Nothing bad ever happens to me in my dreams, I get in extreme situations sometimes, yet I never get hurt in my dreams. I either wake up, or am somehow indestructible.

Taking the first paragraph further, I once had a dream where the Looney Tunes characters wanted to take my picture. It was a short, fun dream that I remembered completely, and I woke up from it and wanted to replay it, so I went back to sleep and I believe I was able to replay it. (Unless I thought I did but instead was thinking of the original). I actually think it replayed about 7 times, not sure on that though.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
All this talk about dreaming about tornadoes, did I mention that's one of my recurring nightmares earlier in the thread? I'm sure I did, but I'm too lazy to go back through and see...

Hayley B

Reaction score
Yeah, dreams can be weird. I've been playing too much of Sims 3. I dreamth that I saw ghosts floating around this Newark Library. They were orange reddish looking. So I just said in my mind. Oh, they just died in a fire (that's what it means when they look like that in Sims 3). One ghost looked like an old man. When the other was a half man and half horse.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
I allowed myself to actually get drunk last night (which is a rare occurrence; I may have a glass of wine with dinner, and very very rarely a mixed drink, but to actually feel inebriated is unusual) and wound up having a very nice dream. First one I can recall in, oh...when was Carter president again?? Wondering if there's any connection at all.

---------------

Hayley B

Reaction score
There needs to be a dream thread. I get alot of crazy ones I love to share.

Last night I dreamth that my cat Loudy died. I buried nothing but her tail it seemed. Next thing I know. I'm in this restaurant with my mom. This waitress thinks we are with this guy's group and he going to pay for our meal. Me and my mom were being bad. We were being so sneaky in letting that happen.

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
Boy, sometimes I dream that I'm watching a television show starring me and my friends in my head.
It's basically like a knockoff of "The Muppet Show." only with me and my friends, instead of the muppets.
One joke from it:
me and my cousin are showing off a cannon in a sketch, when my cousin accidentally fires it.
Me: That thing had better been loaded with PILLOWS!