1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

What do you know about dreams?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Feb 23, 2011.

1. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

Well, I'm not sure if this is a dream 'fact' but, at least in Guatemalan culture (can't speak for all Latinos) but, my abuela has told me that it is theorized that, if you see someone in a dream, it means that they're thinking about you. I've always thought that such a perspective is very interesting :dreamy:

MikaelaMuppet, muppetgem and D'Snowth like this.
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I find that a little hard to swallow. Mainly because . . . who would even be thinking about me? And why? :eek:

In all seriousness, whenever I dream about someone, it's usually because they had been on my mind recently - even if it's a passing thought, or something seeped into my subconscience.

Now all I'm going to be able to think of is wondering why so-so was thinking about me if I dreamed about them the night before. :p

3. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

Don't be so hard on yourself, geez.

Also, I said that's believed in Guatemalan culture (my culture)...you don't necessarily have to believe something that's another culture's belief.:wisdom:

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  4. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I think if you have a dream about someone, there's definitely more to it.

Could be someone you're close to, have a possible crush on, really hate, or miss talking to.

Those are my thoughts.

5. LittleJerry92

So, random note, but uh....

Any of y'all had dreams where you're just literally in a sleeping bag sleeping in the middle of some place while everyone around you just continues to do everything as normal?

This happened in two dreams of mine a long time ago. One was in my first grade or second grade class (was in the same room), another was in a summer camp gym class I attended a long time ago. Both were weird..... But pleasent.

6. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

For quite a long time now, I've had frequent dreams where I'm still living at my old house (I just had one last night). What do these dreams mean? Does anyone else have similar dreams?

7. LittleJerry92

Maybe it's possible you miss your old house. I've had dreams where I'm still in middle school or high school.

8. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

I really don't miss the old house too much, but thinking about it does bring back memories. So maybe I'm getting these dreams because of nostalgia and old memories?

9. LittleJerry92

That's possible. I've had nostalgic dreams myself.

10. D'Snowth

I think everybody has those. Even I have those from time to time.

11. LittleJerry92

It feels very weird. It's just like what am I even doing back here?

12. D'Snowth

Sometimes I think because I often joked that I dropped out of high school after only four weeks, when I was really pulled out of public school and enrolled into home schooling instead for the rest of my high school years, so I kind of think that, subconsciously, I feel like I'm being sent back to school for having "dropped out," if that makes sense.

13. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Do you mean, you feel like you didn't have closure with that part of your life?

14. D'Snowth

No, but it's kinda like, y'know, there's been episodes of shows where a character - who's well into adulthood - learns they missed a certain test, or they failed a certain subject, so now they're sent back to school because of it. Not saying that I missed tests or failed subjects (well, I barely passed any of my math subjects throughout all my school days).

15. D'Snowth

I keep having dreams about of my visit with the SST cast at the Fanbox Expo. Such an incredible day.

16. LittleJerry92

I'm still secretly jealous of that and am not thinking of your head served on a platter.

Nah, I kid, I kid. That was still cool.

17. D'Snowth

I know how ya feel, I've felt jealousy toward people who live in and around NYC who got to attend many events they've had with the cast in the past. ;)

It's just sad seeing that age and such seems to have finally caught up with Caroll. :(

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  18. LittleJerry92

Yeah, I think it's only a matter of time when Carroll kicks the bucket.

But, when it does come, we can always know he did a wonderful job with Big Bird and Oscar.

19. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was a pretty big shock to me when I saw Caroll in a wheelchair.

20. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Does Caroll even still do the voices anymore?